If I loan out a player under 21 why cant he become 'trained at club'

I'm furious. So I signed a bunch of teenagers hoping to make the club grown for registration reasons and just loaned them out and now it's gone from 'X amount of days to be trained at club' to 'x amount of days untill trained in nation'. What BS. So am I supposed to just let them rot in the reserves for 3 years?

I'm furious. So I signed a bunch of teenagers hoping to make the club grown for registration reasons and just loaned them out and now it's gone from 'X amount of days to be trained at club' to 'x amount of days untill trained in nation'. What BS. So am I supposed to just let them rot in the reserves for 3 years?

Usually people tend to find out the rules before making rash statements.

Players need 3 years between 17 & 21 to be trained at either nation or club. Presuming you've loaned them out to a club in the same nation it follows that they will become "Trained in Nation" before they become "Trained at Club"

As long as they still stay for 3 full years at your club before they turn 22yo they'll get "Trained at Club" after becoming "Trained in Nation"

Nb This is presuming SI have fixed the bug that existed in previous versions of FM.

Yep. If they get loaned out they won't be training at your club but the club they are on loan to. In my game, 5 of the Brazil and 7 of the Argentina senior squads are trained at club at either Litex or Dinamo as I signed them at 18 and loaned them to get work permits. They are now all around 25/26 ages.

http://www.danielgeey.com/blog/?p=289

The short version: UEFA regulations.

They do not work correctly in the game, though.

Here is an explanation of how things work in FM:

1. The player must not have turned 18 before the season update.

2. The player must not have become home-grown in another club before he joins yours even though he has not turned 18 at that point.

3. In fact, even two or one season at his original club before he joins yours may for some buggy reason disrupt his chances to become properly UEFA-legal home-grown (even in nation), regardless of how young he was when he joined your club.

4. I think (not 100% sure) that in some cases, it seems to be necessary to have the player stay for three full seasons undisruptedly in order to be sure he gains a home-grown club status, while the letter of the law clearly states that what matters is the number of days at the club before the end of the season in which he turned 21. I say this because I have had players join me at age 16, then loaned out at age 18 and 19, then staying with me the 20th and 21st years and still not be HG-club.

So the best hope you have is to sign them young (15,16) from France, Italy, Spain and Germany (primarily - those are good youth nations), let them play for your youth team for three full years while tutoring them and letting them use your good facilities; and only then in the fourth season try to loan them out.

It is very risky signing South Americans, since they stay so long at their club before they join you. I think I managed to get one home-grown Brazilian, but I believe he came into the game as a 17-year old.

Usually people tend to find out the rules before making rash statements.

Players need 3 years between 17 & 21 to be trained at either nation or club. Presuming you've loaned them out to a club in the same nation it follows that they will become "Trained in Nation" before they become "Trained at Club"

As long as they still stay for 3 full years at your club before they turn 22yo they'll get "Trained at Club" after becoming "Trained in Nation"

Nb This is presuming SI have fixed the bug that existed in previous versions of FM.

Shouldn't that be 15?

What about the 0-21 bug? Are they supposed to be registered because they don't on mine. 0-21 HG club and 0-21 HG nation don't register for champions league.

For instance I loaned a few players out in my nation(Germany) for 2-3 seasons, they came back with 0-21HG nation, whereas to actually be registered 18-21?HG is needed. I find the only way to get 18-21HG nation is to buy a player from a club in your nation who has become HG. Loaning doesn't seem to work. I will check my save later though to confirm.

At the end of the day only loan out players AFTER they get 18-21HG status, to be 100% sure. Then you need to remember they can't be considered U21 for champions league registeration as they haven't spent 2 years at the club before registering. There certainly is more planning needed in the transfer windows compared to previous FMs.

Yes sort of, my mistake.

I was getting confused with the 0-21 & 18-21 issue that Ryknow has posted about above.

It's cool :thup: it looks confusing - the way it works in FM11 & FM12 I mean - the official rules are quite straight forward. If only there was some way of learning how something included in a game worked, something like a description of some sort, maybe it could be provided by the people who make the game so that players can trust it, well, maybe something like that just doesn't exist in this dimension. ;)

I loaned out an Argentinian at 18 years old and he is set to become home grown for me.

Signed for me on 1-Jan-2015, without a work permit and I loaned him out to my Belgium feeder on 2-Jan-2015, where he finished the season. I re-signed him to a contract and he got his work permit. Now, he is due to be club homegrown on 25-Dec-2017, just shy of three years since he signed for me. But definitely not three consecutive years for me.

His 21st birthday is 6-Nov, FYI.

Is that the bug?

I loaned out an Argentinian at 18 years old and he is set to become home grown for me.

Signed for me on 1-Jan-2015, without a work permit and I loaned him out to my Belgium feeder on 2-Jan-2015, where he finished the season. I re-signed him to a contract and he got his work permit. Now, he is due to be club homegrown on 25-Dec-2017, just shy of three years since he signed for me. But definitely not three consecutive years for me.

Is that the bug?

All you can do is wait, as he might get the 0-21HGclub status, therefore making him useless for registration for ECC. You might get lucky though, I have had some weird instances where I didn't think they would qualify and later they do.

I agree a solid description needs to be included in the game, and maybe your assistant manager could give you a tiny message when offering youth out. Eg. "Accepting this loan deal for XXXXXX will put back his HG retention by the duration of the loan". Or "Accepting this loan deal for XXXXXX will prevent the HG club status being achieved".

Is that the bug?

Not a single player from South America that joined me in the January window have ever become HG for me even though I didn't loan them out, irrespective of the birthday.

You might be lucky, but I doubt it will happen in this case since you loaned him out.

Is that the bug?

It's any three years in total, they don't have to be consecutive, (unless there has been a recent change) it's the two years at your club that under 21's need to be able to play in Champions Cup games that must be consecutive. (again, unless there has been a change I am not aware of)

Archived