Just got this game from ebay. cannot install it on steam as its a duplicate product code..

Just got this game from ebay. cannot install it on steam as its a duplicate product code.. help!

i didnt know about this as this is the 1st game ive used through steam... i have tried to avoid it for age a i prefer an actual hardcopy of a game and this is what i was afraid off.

Its a legit game, case, booklet disk and even had the steam code on the back of the manual. Tried to input it into steam but i get a message saying its a duplicate code. Im guessing the guy who had it originally as still got it installed on his pc. Is there anyway around this? I want to play fm 2012!!

Just got this game from ebay. cannot install it on steam as its a duplicate product code.. help!

i didnt know about this as this is the 1st game ive used through steam... i have tried to avoid it for age a i prefer an actual hardcopy of a game and this is what i was afraid off.

Its a legit game, case, booklet disk and even had the steam code on the back of the manual. Tried to input it into steam but i get a message saying its a duplicate code. Im guessing the guy who had it originally as still got it installed on his pc. Is there anyway around this? I want to play fm 2012!!

There is no way round this. The guy who sold it to you effectively sold you a dummy. You should contact him for a refund. I dont know if Neil Brock or anyone from Sega can help out, but worth asking.

Well im trying to contact steam and see if they can do anything. I have took a photo of the disk, case and manual showing the code that i need to put into steam and explained i purchased it of ebay and im hoping they can sort it out. i cant see why not. just deactivate it on his steam account and activate the game on mine. problem solved

Well im trying to contact steam and see if they can do anything. I have took a photo of the disk, case and manual showing the code that i need to put into steam and explained i purchased it of ebay and im hoping they can sort it out. i cant see why not. just deactivate it on his steam account and activate the game on mine. problem solved

Because it is permanently tied to his account, to prevent the sale of used games I think. The seller most likely knew this when he sold it to you.

The game is permanently linked to the steam account of whoever first activated it, so there is nothing steam can do. You need to get a refund from the seller and advise eBay of the issue. From previous issues like this, the seller should refund.

Archived