feature suggestion- testimonials and commercial-tours

hi, first time poster, 20 year CM/Fm-player.

It's pre-season and loads of friendlies are being played. One of my favorite pre-season events are testimonials and the promotion-Tours/friendlies.

I would love a feature to honor loyal players at their retirement, at present a backroom staff role seem like the only option to replay the player. Also it would be great if you could set-up tours too raise commercial awareness and reputation like most top-teams does in real life.

Not many players actually reach having a testimonel. (the sad world we now live in). Would be a nice feature though.

I think what the poster meant ref tours was more forced tours. What I mean is where say your american owner or Malaysian sponsor says you must tour a specific area and teams.

For example, im a norwich city fan (lets be having you & yes we do have computers in East Anglia blah blah blah) and our former manager Paul Lambert now at Villa has been forced to go on a glitz and glamour tour of the states thanx to the clubs american owner. Now I know for a fact that this is the LAST thing he'd want to do. In all the years with Norwich he takes them to an isolated area of Germany with no media or fans etc and knuckles down before returning home. He even commented that going to the states with Villa and meeting Tom Hanks (a picture he looked very uncomfy in lol) isnt something he'd personally choose to do every year.

BUT.....if implemented into football manager I think it be interested seeing the influence of all these over seas owners have more effect on the game. For example nothing scary but would be nice being told you MUST go to America and play these teams etc...

Archived