Steam problem - preparing to Launch

Hi,

I am aware that it is a common problem, but none of huundreds solutions were working for me.

When trying to play FM12 after a few months all I can do is watch "preparing to launch" Steam window, and nothing ever happens. I've searched through many solutions, updated all drivers, messed with game cache, reinstalled Steam, game itself and many other tips, and it's still the same. Can anyone help me please? I wasn't buying the game to put it on shelf but to play it...

Additional info: I'm operating on Win7 32-bit system, and a pretty good hardware (well it worked well already for this game, so this must be software problem).

Thanks in advance for any help!

There has been an update to the steam client today so maybe it'll help to either close down steam and restart the program or just restart your pc.

I know you have reinstalled steam and all, but sometimes when there is a client update it seems that some people get huge problems.

I tried it but had any hopes - because I am dealing with the problem since may. Back then I was so busy I didn't bother, but now I would just like to enjoy playing FM again...

I'm just guessing, but... Could it be something with Windows Update? I tried several times to install Win7 Service Pack 1, but all I got was errors. Can SP1 have anything to do? I would reinstall my system but due to work I just can't afford it now...

OK, thought the problem first occurred today.

When you uninstall Steam do you uninstall FM first? FM is connected to your FM account so only uninstalling Steam could mess up some essential files required to run FM (just a guess though).

Try to uninstall FM then Steam. Then download and install CCleaner. Run that program and remove any unnecessary files and leftover registration files. Restart your PC and run CCleaner again and remove any unnecessary files and leftover registration files. Install Steam and let Steam do a full client update. Install FM and let FM update.

If this doesn't help all I can see that would do the trick is a full reinstall of win7.

I've done everything following your instructions and Steam still frozes at "Preparing to launch" window which disappears second later... Looks like I'm f***ed until I do a full system reinstall... Or maybe someone will have any other tips? Thanks anyway Sikker for your engagement!

did you try validating the game? (Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

and try deleting the ClientRegistry.Blob file?

sorry if you have already covered this...

lastly.... its usually an issue with the steam cloud region..

soooo try:

Steam menu, settings, Download and Cloud .. and changing the region ... and retry starting the game

Yeah, welshace, already tried the validating and deleting clientregistry. But maybe I will give it another try. I tried to change Steam cloud setting several times. It seems to be something wrong with my hard rive or the system itself, as I couldn't complete installation of Win7 Service Pack 1 nor Win8 Release Preview. So it seems to be a main problem...

Archived