Questions/ideas about nations(leagues) financial and youth generation dynamics

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who is trying or has tried to make an average league into a big-big one.

I'm currently managing in Czech Republic and moving quite well as a club, but I struggle to drag rest of the league along.

The league reputation has risen remarkably and this allows clubs to get better players which is also slowly finally starting to show in Europe, altho they are still battered by richer league teams from France etc.

However I feel that a league should move forward also in other ways.

There are few questions (ideas) I want to put forward:

1) Do the prize money and TV amounts change? I think they should - if there is a very reputable club or two in the league, the league reputation rises... it also attracts more interest for TV and sponsors, therefore the financial kitty of the league should become larger (maybe this is something for future - the FA's / Leagues to have their own budgets). I think in lot of the cases, the budget for FA's and maybe league's are public. I'm sure for example UEFA pay every national association some amount of money and this amount is open I think. And also, getting to World Cup etc increase the budget of the league/FA.

If the budget of FA / league rises, it can choose to put this extra money into youth development (therefore increasing the level of players the nation produces) or give it to clubs via prize/TV money.

Obviously, the general population and financial state of the country (GDP etc) should also play a big part in determining how high those amounts can reach, but when there are 2-3 very succesful clubs, it would also obviously create interest from abroad.

2) Do the rise in league reputation has an affect on overall average attendance of the whole league? For example, if team A starts the game with prediceted to finish 10th and an average attendance of 1000, then it would be logical that finishing 10th in a more reputable league would increase the average attendance too, eventually affecting ticket prices. (Same could be asked for sponsorship deals for clubs)

3) How strictly limited is the amount of talents one country can start to produce? I understand in past it was pretty much one 180 player goes, another comes, but I'm guessing now it is a bit more light. However, I wonder if at 1st there are 2 clubs with good junior coaching/youth facilities/youth recruitment networks and others have average facilities, but later on there are 10 clubs with good youth facilities/youth recruitment networks/junior coaching, will it also mean that the nation will now produce say 3 or 4 good talents instead of 2 and maybe a nation that could at best produce a top club rotation player, could now be very likely to produce a true world class player once in a while, maybe even a Messi.

Archived