Insane player decisions?!

Can anybody please explain this?

schalkevklntvview.png

He has 14 decisions and 13 composure not 1 decisions and 1 composure and I'm pretty certain any footballer with half a brain would have just passed it to No.8, he's under little pressure and has plenty of time but instead 'smashes it into row Z!', they take the throw in and predictably score.

I just watched it in 3D and it's even more funny, just gets the ball and WHACK.

This thread seems rather pointless but seriously, what is this ****?

i think the real truth here is the match engine was making an excuse to give schalke the chance to score. yeah, that's it.

this is so horrific and funny that vacha is leaving sometime soon in fm.

You won't want to hear it because as usual with these threads its never your fault and always FMs but its a mixture of player attributes and your tactics.

He gets the pass, the opposition MC moves quick to close him down, he turns sees the MC and mishits the pass to your AMR while feeling under pressure.

Go watch a real football match sometime, this sort of thing happens loads during a real life match or even try playing from time to time and count how often you mishit passes.

I once had my striker, one on one through to goal, nobody around him.....turn around and kick the ball to the half-way line....I still haven't had an explanation from him.
You won't want to hear it because as usual with these threads its never your fault and always FMs but its a mixture of player attributes and your tactics.

He gets the pass, the opposition MC moves quick to close him down, he turns sees the MC and mishits the pass to your AMR while feeling under pressure.

Go watch a real football match sometime, this sort of thing happens loads during a real life match or even try playing from time to time and count how often you mishit passes.

Yes clearly, his striker was too defensive. A grave tactical error and not a problem with the match engine at all, no siree, nothing to see here. -_-

Yes clearly, his striker was too defensive. A grave tactical error and not a problem with the match engine at all, no siree, nothing to see here. -_-

Why are you trying to give people the impression I replied to Robert's post??

Oh thats right you are one of those users that sticks there head in the sand and refuses to accept they are doing anything wrong. SI go out of their way wasting time to add lots of special code to FM to stop you from winning, the ME is rubbish and you are a perfect manager!

For the record I'm played over 200 seasons of FM in the last couple of versions with every match on extended highlights and I have not once seen what Robert posted.

its always like that, I have seen crosses cross right infront of defenders, who just stand there and let it go past instead of clearing.

players who stand there and get tackled.

goalkeepers who will get to the ball, then run back again, instead of picking it up.

players who sky a shot when 5 yards from goal and its got an open space.

the defender who always leaves the line where that defender heads the ball.

I once had my striker, one on one through to goal, nobody around him.....turn around and kick the ball to the half-way line....I still haven't had an explanation from him.

Maybe he had the PPM, "Always looks for a pass instead of attempting to score...yes, always".

once had my striker, one on one through to goal, nobody around him.....turn around and kick the ball to the half-way line....I still haven't had an explanation from him.
Maybe he had the PPM, "Always looks for a pass instead of attempting to score...yes, always".

Time wasting maxed out can be a terrible thing!

I think it has more to do with how the ME displays stuff then anything else. The ME calculated that your player played a bad pass that went out, something that can happen even to good players, but naturally the way it displays the event looks rather stupid/comical.

Just curious: What did the line of text displayed say? Due to the nature of either graphical representation (2d and 3d), limited set of animations and all, the text displayed can deepen the understanding of a move and play and even a particular player's motivation and composure. In fact, SI did tell you to keep an eye on the text in-game a few versions back and probably still do.

Archived