Why didnt I win the Manager of the Year?

This is in 2021, I won 32, draw 4, lost 2, For 144, Ag 39, G.D+105, Pts 100 in EPL. I have already won 5 times in a row but not this time.

I have to admit the guy who won, took a new promoted club from npower championship and became 10 in Epl this season. is this the reason i lost also how does the manager points calculated?? i didnt even came in 2nd or 3rd. i should have come at least in 2nd after winning it 5 times in a row.

could have to do with media expectations? Was the winning manager's team expected to be 20th in the league? Were you odds on favorite to win the league in the beginning of the season? I'd say his accomplishment is greater than yours, if that is the case.

This is in 2021, I won 32, draw 4, lost 2, For 144, Ag 39, G.D+105, Pts 100 in EPL. I have already won 5 times in a row but not this time.

I have to admit the guy who won, took a new promoted club from npower championship and became 10 in Epl this season. is this the reason i lost also how does the manager points calculated?? i didnt even came in 2nd or 3rd. i should have come at least in 2nd after winning it 5 times in a row.

The points system is weighted in favour of teams who are expected to finish lower, so if a newly promoted team finishes near the top then they have over-achieved and deserve recognition. Perhaps the weighting is not quite right, I think some small over-achievements get recognised too highly sometimes.

You won the league with a team that was probably expected to win, so you just achieved expectations without over-achieving. The fact you won 5 years in a row is irrelevant, as this is the Manager of the Year award, not Manager of the last 5 Years.

Maybe nobody likes your manager profile, have you been playing mind games with other managers or constantly having a go at the press or FA?

Also have you ever won manager of the year when on reflection there was, on paper a more deserving candidate?

Edit: just noticed that you said you've won 5 in a row, maybe you're just a victim of your own success, after all Sir Alex has only won the award 3 times & Mourinho didn't get a look in when he was in England. (LMA award & that's the one that really counts)

Archived