Polls about players need to be reviewed

One of my goalkeepers stated to the press that he wants more first team football, and the paper had a poll on the fans. This was the result:

2z73mdi.png

The problem with this poll is the game seems to only consider this player's quality, and not his fellow keepers'. Just compare my two keepers:

Branescu, rated 2.5*, the unhappy player, my second choice:

5ap5s2.png

Drost, rated 4*, my first choice:

6s47pv.png

I know Branescu is a fine keeper for a top team, but Drost is a freakin' beast. I won't bench him for Branescu, or for any other keeper I might add. Yet, the fans don't share my view. How is this accurate? I could cope with a percentage of the fans backing Branescu but certainly not 87%...

Maybe he has a higher rep? Maybe Drost has had a run of average form? or maybe the fans just feel an affinity to Branescu (as i recall he is pretty fantastic in goal himself as you pointed out too) I wouldn't say its an issue here, its not like Branescu is horrific, i rarely see the fans agree with a player.

The same thing happened to me on an old Juventus save.I signed Federico Marchetti as backup for a ridiculous amount(£12.5million if I'm not mistaken) and a week later when we'd only played 3 games and he wanted first team football.Buffon had played all of the games and conceded 1 goal.The fans made a poll and about 86% said he should play!It's ridiculous

is drost not performing as he should?

is he much older, so the fans want to see the new wonderkid keeper given a chance?

Performances in FM for keepers is stupid though. Either they get a flat 8, a flat 6.9 (if nothing happens) or they bomb big time. There's no middle road for them.

It's for that reason my signing of a keeper on free (Hartley) got called the 'worst signing of the season' despite posting the most amount of clean sheets AND conceding the least amount of goals in the entire league... Seems legit! (and I was Hampton and Richmond, so no they didn't defend well.)

is drost not performing as he should?

is he much older, so the fans want to see the new wonderkid keeper given a chance?

Drost has a higher average rating, around 7.1 while Branescu averages around 6.9. Drost is 28, Branescu is 30.

Branescu has many seasons in the club but that doesn't justify the fans' decision. It's like choosing Almunia over Szczesny.

Archived