Training Schedules

How do people go about their training schedules?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How do people go about their training schedules?

• Use the default training schedules?
    • Create your own training schedules?
    • Use downloaded/other people's training schedules?

I always tend to use the default training schedules but now I am thinking surely this doesnt benefit the way you want to develop your player. Do people tend to create schedules for every single player or just a general one for midfielders, strikers etc. How about youth team players as well?

I made my own schedules, having the default ones as a base. The default schedules work fine so I just optimized them for specific positions.

That is how I see it, I tend to rely on individual training focus to improve a player on certain aspects. But I dont't really think it makes a huge difference IMO

Create individual schedule for every player once they leave the youth team. Youth schedules are more general and give either an attacking or defensive schedule.

Sometimes when in the lower leagues with crap facilities and coaches I don't bother.

I find dealing with training schedules singularly boring, and tend to just use the default ones or download others.

Would like to be able to totally hand over training to coaches/assistants and have them assign players to training regimes etc.

I always tend to use the default training schedules but now I am thinking surely this doesnt benefit the way you want to develop your player. Do people tend to create schedules for every single player or just a general one for midfielders, strikers etc. How about youth team players as well?

i have

keeper training

defensive training

attacking training

defensive midfielder (for the DMs that think they should be doing more attacking training than they're getting in the Defensive Training)

then i have *light* versions of each, to cater for the lazy gits that moan about too much training.

for Youths, they get their own version of each.

save all schedules into one file and then import the whole lot when ever i start a new game.

Used to make schedules by position, but now I've started tailoring them individually to all my first team players and the most promising kids. I'm not sure it's absolutely worth it, but I like to try to control the direction that each player is going in so they fit into the system I want to play.

I create my own. I have a set of positional ones I have created (GK, CB, FB/WB, DM/MC, WNG, AM/ST, TM/CF) and then if I feel a player needs an individual schedule, I'll use the positional one as a base for the individual schedule. The positional schedules also have a corresponding youth schedule.

Does a players attributes vastly change if you use your own training schedules? In previous times where I have trialed it not made a difference from what I have seen

you dont want to be assigning PA points to defensive stats for a striker. so its best to do your own schedules to ensure they get trained in the most relevant areas.

i like micro-managing the entire club, hate seeing players picking up useless stats and not developing the right areas - plus with my style of football i prefer pacy to strong defenders, so the defaults automatically conflict with that etc

Does a players attributes vastly change if you use your own training schedules? In previous times where I have trialed it not made a difference from what I have seen

They don't vastly change, you just have more control over how his attributes get distributed as he gains them. A lot of the time I've found that the default training schedules don't train the Tactics category as high as I would like. That's one of the main reasons I started making my own schedules.

I've always created my own ones for different positions, although I've stuck with the default goalkeeper one in recent times as I decided I wouldn't really do it any differently.

If a young player is worth it I may do an individual schedule to focus on where I want them to develop.

you dont want to be assigning PA points to defensive stats for a striker. so its best to do your own schedules to ensure they get trained in the most relevant areas.

Just seems to take a lot of my time which is why I keep it to default. I do consider it, maybe I will change a couple or so and some promisiing youth but the rest I will keep default. Thanks to everyone who replied by the way and voted, doesnt mean the discussion can't continue as I hope to see more votes as well :)

usually i don't care about it, specially if i'm using the club as stepping stone, when i've used to manage teams for 12-24 months, i don't think it's really interesting to bother about training as the easiest way to go to transfer market

but now i'm playing 10th tier in Scotland, even thought i'm only thinking about 1-2 season with my current club, as they are amatuer, but i made some groups like GK heavy, Strenth, Aerobic, Tactics, Ball Control, Defenders, Definsive Mid, Attacking Mid, Attckers .. because i really need to improve the players..

I create my own for my squad, although what I am currently doing is creating a Senior, Youngsters and then if I have youngsters who need that extra bit of training I give them their own training schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill be totally honest as I dont care about boosting my own ego saying I create my own and saying ive won a bagillion trophies etc...I usually use the same chaps with each addition of FM that comes out. Never let me down and saves alot of time as other than that I tend to spend ALOT of time studying each and every aspect of the game. Prob why when one person has played a season im still in the opening months of a season lol!

Archived