Processor Speed?

No it isn't. Manual says 1.4 GHz. But these numbers are not meant to be taken very seriously - if your processor is just 1.3 GHz, you can still play it. And even if your processor is running at 1 GHz clock. But it will probably be a very slooooooow experience.

You have a decent amount of RAM there, but your processor is outdated and weak. You better look into getting a new computer.

And on a side note: Even if game manufacturers still use processor core frequencies when classifying a processor, this is no longer a very good or reliable way to do it. It's outdated. There's much more to a processor's architecture than just core clock that defines it's computational power. A game may set for example a 2GHz processor as minimum requirement - when in fact a 1.8 GHz Core i5 will play the game much better and is a more powerful processor than even 2.6 GHz processors from a few years back.

Yes, fm2012 will work with that laptop - but you won't be able to enjoy the game at anywhere near it's full potential.

Football manager actually has very low system requirements. What you have to ask yourself is not will this run? but will this be an acceptable experience?

Obviously to play the game with many leagues you want a fast CPU, lots of RAM and a good Graphics card (for 3d match if desired).

So, magicmastermind124 ... if a 2 GHz processor is minimum to play FM 2012, that means that my secondary laptop wih a 2 years old Core i5 @ 1.8 GHz, can't play it. It's just that it definately can play it, and play it very well, with quite a few leagues in play and large database. So now what?

It just goes to prove my point: These "recommendations" or minimum specs are mostly bollocks. But, as Xavessi says, that machine in the link its not very good for ... well, it isn't very good for anything really, except web browsing and very light usage.

thomit... the 'i' processors are the exception.. they are boosted when needed to higher clock speeds... therefore your 1.8ghz is only 1.8 when its workload isn't much...

as for the OP's specs... too low, not worth the money.. save another £100 or £200 and you can get a significantly better lappy

So, magicmastermind124 ... if a 2 GHz processor is minimum to play FM 2012, that means that my secondary laptop wih a 2 years old Core i5 @ 1.8 GHz, can't play it. It's just that it definately can play it, and play it very well, with quite a few leagues in play and large database. So now what?.

I highly doubt that the processor he mentioned would run FM12 very well.

Besides the chip in your processor has the capability of turbo boosting its speed bringing it over the minimum spec.

Instead of trying to prove someone else is incorrect you should learn some etiquette.

So on a similar topic, as my game has gone on, I'm in 2018/19 now, with only a max of 2 leagues running at a time and currently only 1, my game has got slower and slower processing between games. Do I just need to get more memory for my computer to speed it up or is it more of a bigger job than that?

ps

not sure of my specs as i'm at work at the moment

thomit... the 'i' processors are the exception.. they are boosted when needed to higher clock speeds... therefore your 1.8ghz is only 1.8 when its workload isn't much...

as for the OP's specs... too low, not worth the money.. save another £100 or £200 and you can get a significantly better lappy

No. My 1.8 GHz can play FM 12 very well even without any boosting. Even a i3 with 1.4 GHz core speed is way above "minimum specs" of old. You simply can't compare processors from a few years back with modern processors, in relation to core speeds. There's much elsewhere in the architecture in modern procesors that has been so much improved, so that the minimum specs of old - that most of the game manufacturers are still operating with - is obsolete.

A 2 year old 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 laptop processor is much more powerful than even the best of the laptop processors from 4 or 5 years back. That's my point. Minimum or recommended specs are irrelevant now, if they don't refer to modern processors.

@magicetc. Etiquette? What are you on about? I agree with you that the processor that was linked to, won't play FM very well, I said so - but I'm also saying that you really shouldn't give much attention to the "minimum" or "recommended" specs" that most games comes with - they are (most of them) obsolete and inaccurate - because they haven't taken into account the revolution that has happened in later years with processor power - regardless of core speed.

iirc the min spec clock rating refers to single core processors.

Exactly. These recommendations were true (perhaps, more or less) way back when we only had single core processors. Hardly any processor sold today has a single core ... even mobile phones comes with 2 cores or more nowadays. But it's not just the extra core that makes modern processors better, it also has a lot to do with other improvements. Take just 1 core from a modern "i" processor, and it will perform much, much better than a significantly higher clocked older processor. And Intel "i"'s will perform better than equally clocked AMD processors.

I agree with you, far too many people are obsessed with clock speed which has not been a meaningful solitary barometer of cpu performance for over 5 years now.

As you've already said the OP will struggle with that laptop, it's designed for general home use & isn't much more than an email & internet machine.

Assuming budget is an issue this i3 refurb would be a better option.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-c660-1ld-refurbished-15-6-laptop-12284586-pdt.html

Archived