Anyone won La Liga not as Barcelona or Real Madrid in the first season?

I am Malaga currently 3rd, 1 point behind Madrid with a game in hand and 12 points behind Barcelona where they have a game in hand! 7 games left in the season!

Has anyone managed to beat Barcelona to the title in there first season? I have signed no new players, just gone with the squad I have, will tweak the squad in the summer!

Anyway Messi has scored a staggering 68 league goals in only 26 games, realistic or what :D

Its very hard to stop Barca or Real's dominance in La Liga i've tried few times :(, you've done ok with Malaga there as everytime i've managed them i've really struggled to get team playing, saying that i've always started with semi pro rep and i think about 90% of squad could never get motivated for me, either that or my tactics were crap :D

I came 3rd in my 1st season with Athletic Club. Second was on the cards for a while but we fell away towards the end. Winning it 1st season with them or most other clubs is impossible without exploit tactics and a very high starting reputation I think.

My record to date: (Athletic Club, starting rep - Sunday League)

2011-12 - Liga BBVA: 3rd

2012-13 - Liga BBVA: 2nd

2013-14 - Liga BBVA: 1st

2014-15 - Liga BBVA: 3rd

2015-16 - Liga BBVA: 1st

2016-17 - Liga BBVA: 1st

I did it in my Malaga save, it's actually quite easy once you think about it. No European football so you can pretty much play your best team every week. The next two seasons I finished 3rd and 2nd respectively, I'm guessing as a result of the added European football.

Any particular reason why Real Sociedad have done so well in those saves? Granted in the 1st season on FM11 I managed to finish 4th with them, but I just guess that most of the other teams under-estimated me given the media prediction was 18th. If I managed to win the league with La Real I would be delighted.

But yeah generally Bacra & Madrid are way ahead of the rest. I am simply awful against Barcelona, in 7 league games I've only managed to get 1 draw, and have yet to score against them. Have managed to beat Madrid a few times though including the last game with a 3-1 win at the Santiago Bernabeu.

I came 3rd in my 1st season with Athletic Club. Second was on the cards for a while but we fell away towards the end. Winning it 1st season with them or most other clubs is impossible without exploit tactics and a very high starting reputation I think.

My record to date: (Athletic Club, starting rep - Sunday League)

2012-13 - Liga BBVA: 2nd

2013-14 - Liga BBVA: 1st

2016-17 - Liga BBVA: 1st

it should be possible to get about 85pts in the first session with Athletic (thats about the amount I think I could do anyway), so if both Real Madrid and Barca get less you could probably win, but its extremely rare to see both of them end up on less then 95-104pts on the same time in the first season

my league results with Athletic so far (its probably fair to say I have done better in cups then I have in the league):

2012-13 - Liga BBVA: 4th

2013-14 - Liga BBVA: 3rd

2016-17 - Liga BBVA: 3rd

2017-18 - Liga BBVA: 2nd (lost title on the last day to a 90th min corner goal)

2018-19 - Liga BBVA: 1st

Archived