A bug in the odds?

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

This is a bug where your team is considered to be the favourite in the odds, but then in the team talk screen the assistant manager tells you that their actually underdogs. And the players seem to agree by being relaxed when told they are underdogs.

It's really hard to apply the correct tactical setting for the match if I cannot be sure of who is right about being the favourite.

I have been noticing this for a while now but didn't bother to mention it. I haven't really seen this being brought up here so I was wondering if this is a known issue.

Happens to me all the time. No idea why. Doesn't affect me too much. I never mind too much who the opposition are or how strong they are supposed to be, I just go out to attack everyone anyway.

Well in FM2011, I found against germany, I'd be the underdog pre-match, but then anything but a win after/during the match is considered a dissapointment as if we were strong favourites. So I can only assume pre-match odds use club reputation and in-match favourites consider player reputations. Hence the divorce between the two.

Presumably it's like this so as to take into account the players actually playing. Like for example, if Man Utd played their reserve team against the arsenal first team and won, there would be a massive dissapointment, as arsenal would be "expected" to beat a reserve team, even though they would only be given, at best 50/50 odds of beating their first team, and until the squad is announced, there is no way to know the reputation of the players fielded - so a divorce between the two is to be expected.

Archived