Stadium Naming conventions

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how does the AI configure the naming of a new stadium? IRL Kenny Dalglish is a legend for winning the Premier League, but left pretty much after that and didnt win anything else! Whereas in my game with Blackburn, I have won the premier league numerous times, won the champions league, club world champs, super cup, europa league etc (pretty much every competition) and only last year got into the Legends field! I asked for a new stadium and the board decide to name the new stadium after him!?! I mean thats just crazy!!

I despise that feature. At no point IRL would Spurs play in the Cavani Arena, or Chelsea at Terry Park. I like having them named after me, because it's my game, but after that naming it after most club legends become ridiculous. In some cases, it does work, but the game should be able to distinguish these. New stadium names have been dissapointing for a while.

I like the idea of naming it after a chairman or a manager in my game I saw the levy stadium for spurs and the wenger stadium for arsenal and I like this feature however naming stadiums after players is a little too common imo I think it only works for certain players such as pascal feindouno and didier drogba where those players have donated their own money to their local clubs and as a result has a stadium named after them and in the case of pascal feindouno a team named after him but as that feature will probably never exist it shouldn't be in there.

I think that when a person becomes a FP ,legend or an icon they should also get points like you do on the HOF and like that even though Kenny Dalglish won the league with them that was just 1 season and the rest of the time he didn't do much else, however compare that to the many years you have been manager and the countless stuff you have won you should be the top legend not him. It should be points for accomplishments + duration of tenure in which case you should of been in front of both.

however you think thats annoying you try taking a team like dover changing them completely taking them on a 3 year undefeated streak winning everything PL Champions league ect ect only to be told the new stadium will be called the Dover Arena :mad:

Most stadiums now are named after the sponsor that funded it, this will never happen in FM for obvious reasons. This is the next best thing I guess. The other option would be to name it after the area it is built in but does FM recognise areas within towns and cities etc?

Another way for fm to make money is allow 5-10 companies to pay money to have there name in the game, i.e you get offered different money buy each company to sponsor your stadium name. Hell id call chelsea's new stadium addidas arena if they gave me £100m! (they already do similar with the advertising boards in the 3d match engine.) All in all i dont really care what features they add, i just want a working match engine without having to wait till after christmas for it to be patched up.

I think something needs to be looked at regarding this. I like Le Tiss' thread about districts etc. I find it a bit of a joke how when I have seen Liverpool have a new stadium on FM it is called New Anfield when everyone knows if it is built it will most likely be called Stanley Park.

The most realistic thing would sadly be the sponsor's name, but for obvious reasons that's not gonna happen in FM, and I'm not too disappointed by that to be honest...

On the other hand the district idea could work fine, but then we'd have clubs "invading" other clubs', possibly rival clubs', territory. The hypothetical district entry in the database should also take that problem into account, adding some sort of "already taken" flag or an additional "predominant faction" field.

Not to mention some districts just would never be considered for a new stadium, for various reasons.

So while I see how Mancini Park, New Anfield and Tottenham Arena may sound a bit daft, they're the easiest solution.

Funnily enough, I just give my manager a good last name such as Ladbrokes, and hope that when, if, I get a stadium named after me, it turns out to be a reasonable (or funny) one. I just give myself a nickname and then you would never know it was your name, I guess ;) Pity Im still awaiting the day for them to create this Ladbrokes Stadium.

Funnily enough, I just give my manager a good last name such as Ladbrokes, and hope that when, if, I get a stadium named after me, it turns out to be a reasonable (or funny) one. I just give myself a nickname and then you would never know it was your name, I guess ;) Pity Im still awaiting the day for them to create this Ladbrokes Stadium.

then it would be amazing if you took a team with a small stadium to a new stadium as they usually get called park rather then arena or stadium and call yourself dogger lol

in seriousness though I honestly think that there should be an option to name it like you get to choose what feeder team you want, buyt maybe one day they may add sponsors and companies in the game I don't even mind if they make fake brands I just think this fits in as I absolutely hate at the beginning of the year the "xxx announces a new sponsorship deal" where we get money from a company but they don't say which one which for me lacks realism, I mean they added newspapers and websites why not sponsors? like that we could get better stadium names more realism and maybe design our kits but the last is a pipedream saying that they once said they wouldn't show the arena, fans, sky or the highstreet which of course have all been added for a few years so hope I continue to have

Many people don't want to use FMRTE, and I'm pretty sure you need to pay for it now. Although a quick fix, it's an area that should get tweaked a bit. I remember reading Mathew Le God's suggestion when it was first posted. Surprised nothing has been done in this area, because some of the new stadium names are pretty bad.

Just won League Cup (2 in a row), Premier League (4 in a row) and Champions League (twice in 3 years) and board have said they are building new stadium "named after one of Blackburns heroes Dalglish" I mean WTF??? Looks like I might be getting FMRTE. Any suggestions? New Ewood/Jack Walker Arena/The Walker Stadium/Nuttall Park/Mill Hill Stadium?

Just won League Cup (2 in a row), Premier League (4 in a row) and Champions League (twice in 3 years) and board have said they are building new stadium "named after one of Blackburns heroes Dalglish" I mean WTF??? Looks like I might be getting FMRTE. Any suggestions? New Ewood/Jack Walker Arena/The Walker Stadium/Nuttall Park/Mill Hill Stadium?

Out of your choices I would take the Jack Walker Stadium it has more oomph and I could imagine that being an arena name

On the other hand the district idea could work fine, but then we'd have clubs "invading" other clubs', possibly rival clubs', territory. The hypothetical district entry in the database should also take that problem into account, adding some sort of "already taken" flag or an additional "predominant faction" field.

Not to mention some districts just would never be considered for a new stadium, for various reasons.

MLG suggested assign the district to the club in the db, rather than assigning districts to cities. That avoids those problems.

Archived