The Board Expect Immediate Results

Just for a chuckle, I used FMRTE to cause all of Man City's first team contracts to expire, and whalloped them with a debt of a touch under £1bn (in the interest of fairness, I also did the same for Chelsea and Arsenal!). Now, in this instance, I don't consider that to be cheating because I'm managing a club in the Scottish Div 3 so it benefited me not a jot, but did give me personal satisfaction.

Anyway, to curtail the story, all three clubs have since sacked their managers and hired replacements, and are helping prop up the rest of the EPL. Man City's board, however, seem to be a little less patient than the other two... Since sacking Mancini in early December 2011, they have worked their way through eight different managers. It's now March 2012. Of those eight managers, all were promoted from their positions as coaches, and only three of them were ever in charge of an actual match before being sacked - Roden managed 4 matches (W2D1L1), Harrison (W1) and Roberts (W1) managed just one match each. Paul Power holds the dubious honour of not even having the job for 24 hours, being hired in the morning and sacked in the evening.

Clearly, this is a minor bug that's almost certainly not going to come up in normal play, but I find it very amusing that the City board seem to expect their managers to transform the fortunes of the club in less than a week and without playing a single match!

Board: "It's Friday, you've been manager for nearly a week, and we're still not top of the table! What the heck are you playing at?!"

Manager: "Um, we were bottom of the table before I was appointed and I won't take charge of my first match till tomorrow?"

Board: "Stop making excuses! You're fired!!"

OR

Board: "Congratulations on being hired, Paul, we look forward to a long and successful partnership!"

Paul Power: "Thanks for giving me this chance, I just want to sa-"

Board: "Why haven't you won the title yet?! You're fired!!"

Paul Power: "..."

Anyone else seen a board with their ambition matched only by the weakness of their grip on reality? :D

Real time editors can do weird things to saves and something you've done has clearly caused it to screw something up even further.

I doubt this bug is possible in the game and is probably due to something being given a value it's not usually possible to get.

Just for a chuckle, I used FMRTE to cause all of Man City's first team contracts to expire, and whalloped them with a debt of a touch under £1bn (in the interest of fairness, I also did the same for Chelsea and Arsenal!). Now, in this instance, I don't consider that to be cheating because I'm managing a club in the Scottish Div 3 so it benefited me not a jot, but did give me personal satisfaction.

Anyway, to curtail the story, all three clubs have since sacked their managers and hired replacements, and are helping prop up the rest of the EPL. Man City's board, however, seem to be a little less patient than the other two... Since sacking Mancini in early December 2011, they have worked their way through eight different managers. It's now March 2012. Of those eight managers, all were promoted from their positions as coaches, and only three of them were ever in charge of an actual match before being sacked - Roden managed 4 matches (W2D1L1), Harrison (W1) and Roberts (W1) managed just one match each. Paul Power holds the dubious honour of not even having the job for 24 hours, being hired in the morning and sacked in the evening.

Clearly, this is a minor bug that's almost certainly not going to come up in normal play, but I find it very amusing that the City board seem to expect their managers to transform the fortunes of the club in less than a week and without playing a single match!

Board: "It's Friday, you've been manager for nearly a week, and we're still not top of the table! What the heck are you playing at?!"

Manager: "Um, we were bottom of the table before I was appointed and I won't take charge of my first match till tomorrow?"

Board: "Stop making excuses! You're fired!!"

OR

Board: "Congratulations on being hired, Paul, we look forward to a long and successful partnership!"

Paul Power: "Thanks for giving me this chance, I just want to sa-"

Board: "Why haven't you won the title yet?! You're fired!!"

Paul Power: "..."

Anyone else seen a board with their ambition matched only by the weakness of their grip on reality? :D

think i do this to spurs and just to be fair Tottenham :)

Real time editors can do weird things to saves and something you've done has clearly caused it to screw something up even further.

I doubt this bug is possible in the game and is probably due to something being given a value it's not usually possible to get.

Curious thing is, I've done this (used FMRTE to release a whole squad and bankrupt the club) twice and both times City have behaved exactly the same, even down to the order in which they promote coaches. Arsenal and Chelsea both hire replacements for their initial managers (Mancini and Moyes, respectively) and then keep faith with the new guy at least until the end of the season. Not doubting that the editor is to blame for making things go screwy, but it does seem to be something about City's coding/parameters that it's reacting with. Dunno if it's just down the chairman stats? Al Mubarak has got a higher Interference and a lower Patience than either Hill-Wood or Abramovich, though it's only a coupla points out from Abramovich and that doesn't seem enough to have such an extreme reaction.

think i do this to spurs and just to be fair Tottenham :)

Oh please, like we need any help in screwing up ;D

Curious thing is, I've done this (used FMRTE to release a whole squad and bankrupt the club) twice and both times City have behaved exactly the same, even down to the order in which they promote coaches. Arsenal and Chelsea both hire replacements for their initial managers (Mancini and Moyes, respectively) and then keep faith with the new guy at least until the end of the season. Not doubting that the editor is to blame for making things go screwy, but it does seem to be something about City's coding/parameters that it's reacting with. Dunno if it's just down the chairman stats? Al Mubarak has got a higher Interference and a lower Patience than either Hill-Wood or Abramovich, though it's only a coupla points out from Abramovich and that doesn't seem enough to have such an extreme reaction.

It could also be that when you're changing data, the realtime editor is also changing other data without meaning to (for example it's been known that when you rename one player it can also rename every single player sharing the same name, and any player who will share the name in the future, instead of just the player you're trying to edit).

Oh please, like we need any help in screwing up ;D

yep arsenal and spurs are the kings of screwing up

yep arsenal and spurs are the kings of screwing up

"Haha! 3rd place and 14 points ahead of our rivals! Eat our dust, Gooner scum!!"

A few months later...

"... balls. Um, still, we're really... uh... happy? to be in the Europa League. Yeah. >.>"

Still, at least my second love, Ajax, didn't disappoint last season xD

"Haha! 3rd place and 14 points ahead of our rivals! Eat our dust, Gooner scum!!"

A few months later...

"... balls. Um, still, we're really... uh... happy? to be in the Europa League. Yeah. >.>"

Still, at least my second love, Ajax, didn't disappoint last season xD

you forgot 2-0 up at rivals ground after 34 minutes

about an hour later.. ohh crap um stiill at least we lead 2-0 for umm six minutes :)

but Really looking forward to next season can spurs finish above arsenal for the first time in 18 years? can arsenal finish in the top 4 for the 16th season in a row?, time will tell good luck to both our teams

you forgot 2-0 up at rivals ground after 34 minutes

about an hour later.. ohh crap um stiill at least we lead 2-0 for umm six minutes;)

but Really looking forward to next season can spurs finiish above arsenal can arsenal finish in the top 4 for the 16th season in a row, time will tell good luck to both our teams

Oh, I hadn't forgotten, I just didn't want to mention it :)

And agreed - I'm loving that there's finally an actual proper rivalry between the two teams, makes it all a lot more interesting, rather than you lot just being way better than us xD

Oh, I hadn't forgotten, I just didn't want to mention it :)

And agreed - I'm loving that there's finally an actual proper rivalry between the two teams, makes it all a lot more interesting, rather than you lot just being way better than us xD

yeah i remember the famous 4-4 when you scored twice in the last minute, god i was so angry i was effing and blinding for about an hour

Archived