Where will your 2013 main save take you?

As it approaches slowley I have been thinking what will be the purpose of my main save for the coming seasons edition of FM

What about yourselves? (feel free to brag about past accomplishments ;p)

I'm thinking of returning to portugal for another bash at turning Sporting Lisbon back into a european power.

I have attempted this a few seasons ago but never managed to get there, anytime we started to get somewhere my best players or best prospects begun getting their heads turned and wanting to leave forcing me to rebuild again, I gave up frankley in the end

I generally like to take teams from a "second tier league" in europe and try to consistently compete with the established powers in england spain and italy, ive had great success with ajax, marsille, lyon, werder, auxerre in past versions.

but I'm not a 2013 main save!.

Sorry, it's your, not youre. Anyway uh, depends if i get it ;p but likely something designed to elevate wales up. (ie take a welsh EPL team to the top, and slowly improve the welsh league itself, likely with two managers, but playing "realistically").

I expect many replies mentioning Rangers FC.

Sorry, it's your, not youre.

It's you're, not youre. ;)

I'll play with PSG and Milan on the demo and when the game comes out, I'll probably start in the Polish league, stay there for a few seasons and then go to a bigger club, do the same thing there and repeat it until I get bored.

In the demo probably Bayern or Western Sydney Wanderers and in the game I'll start with my team the Newcastle Jets and then after winning the Asian Champions League take a job in the bundesliga or EPL. This is similar to my favourite fm10 save. I also want to do a Pentagon Challenge

I'll play with PSG and Milan on the demo and when the game comes out, I'll probably start in the Polish league, stay there for a few seasons and then go to a bigger club, do the same thing there and repeat it until I get bored.

actually its your... you're doesn't belong anywhere near that sentence .....

i'm looking forward to a Monaco and nottingham forest save .. fallen giants etc.

Southampton (support them), Rangers (gonna be a great save), Monchengladbach (used to live there, and they're finally back in the big time now), and one team from both Brazil and South Korea or Japan, because I've never managed out of Europe before.

AF7 always goes with teams who have money haha. Still don't know why he wants to be Forest.

The best saves are ones where I get to take a average side to the top with a good backing from the chairman. I can't stand FM if I've got no budget to work with.

What's not to love about Forest next FM? Good budget, a squad needing strengthening and the chance to try and take a side back to being big in Europe.

I probably won't end up managing Forest anyway, think it'll be either Monaco or the Journeyman save.

no its your

I plan on starting another Journeyman save like the one I have going in the career's thread.

Start unemployed with a Sunday League Reputation and see where it takes me.

no its your

I think he knows that. He was pointing out that 'you're' has an apostrophe in relation to the first correction where it was spelled without, not that the title should say 'you're.'

Anyhow may try a lower league manager experience as per the forum. Too deep into my current save to give up and start again, but when FM13 comes around that'll be the route I think.

Liverpool as always. My pride and joy. Sorry Mr Rodgers but I'll take it from here after Kenny. I usually tend to get bored in the mid to late 2020's> at that point I usually have approx 600mil transfer budget.. Even though I hardly ever spend more then 20 mil on one player. I buy cheap prospects and turn them into world beaters. but still gets boring after a while.

Then I will move onto the Polish league and my second love Widzew Lodz. My place of birth.

I haven't done a long term Watford save for a while (FM2011 my progression was Giulianova-Mainz-Aston Villa, FM2012 I've just done a one club challenge), and the with the new owners and two free affiliates, it looks like they might be fun to toy with.

depends on what is available tbh, quite a few players that were available on frees have now gone to clubs, that might have made a 2nd tier save interesting

but Man Utd, Blackpool, Bury and Rangers (done East Stirlingshire and won something in season 1, but low Rangers could be interesting)

So many teams to choose from:

Fleetwood - Impressive summer signings

Rotherham - see Fleetwood plus new stadium

Nottingham Forest - Potentially money to play with

Rangers - Challenge of taking them through the divisions

PSG - Money to spend and becoming the best team in the world

Portsmouth - No money, no players, totally rebuilding a football club from top to bottom

Watford - see Nott Forest

So many more teams I could be, wow, Can FM13 be released tomorrow, getting excited!! :D

PSG,because the have made some excellent new signings like Ibrahimovic,Chelsea because I support them and they've made some good signings,Arsenal because Giroud and Podolski will make an awesome partnership,Rangers because they have about 8 players,all of them youth (I think) and all the other clubs that have made good signings (Juventus etc),Watford + Notts Forest (see RKM's post),Leicester because they're my second team and England,because I like filling their squad with youth.

first of, grammar/spelling trolls:

a. no one actually cares

b. if you have the urge to correct people try a job in teaching (if you've got the qualifications, which i doubt you have)

c. THE GOLDEN RULE!!! make sure your spelling and grammar is perfect.... trolls

But I'm not a 2013 main save!.

Sorry, it's your, not youre. Anyway uh, depends if i get it ;p But likely something designed to elevate Wales up. (ie take a welsh EPL team to the top, and slowly improve the welsh league itself, likely with two managers, but playing "realistically").

thanks for that though

back on topic i like the nots forest/watford idea, my and a mate were looking for a newtwork game, this might be a good one to try \o/

8 seasons with Northampton Town... took them from L2 to Premiership. 2.5 seasons with Milan... took them to 2 consecutive Serie A titles... currently midway though first full season with Villareal... made wholesale changes and am currently top of La Liga with 16 games to play.

I support Bolton but don't really enjoy a long term save with an already prem team as I find it easy to achieve in a short space of time, so I go for Newport County to get them all the way to prem and then domination. I only tend to get one long term save in each version maybe two due to me going so in depth with it all when I play.

As always I'll start at Newcastle. Whether this will end up being my main game or where that save will take me is entirely unsure. Apart from my habit to start being a magpie I prefer planning not too much.

A nice long FC United save again, like I have done in FM10 and FM11. Maybe a Malmo FF save as well, and I'll try and stick with the Malmo save this time round rather than giving up on it after a season or two. Other than those two, I'll be playing a network game which is either going to start in English League 2, or BSN depending on what's decided by the creator of the network game.

Archived