Weather: Wind, Rain and Temperature

Values for all three are in the game upon matchday, but I was wondering if and how they affect the way teams play in the engine?

If anyone could find out for me, it would be a godsend

As far as I know it affects it very much as it would in real life. Rain and a muddy soggy pitch would adversely affect a passing game as the ball wouldnt run as well and would not be moved around as easily. A hot summers day on the other hand would probably help a passing game but players stamina would detriorate faster due to the conditions.

I may be looking at that a bit to deeply but I suspect it mirrors real life pretty well.

As far as I know it affects it very much as it would in real life. Rain and a muddy soggy pitch would adversely affect a passing game as the ball wouldnt run as well and would not be moved around as easily. A hot summers day on the other hand would probably help a passing game but players stamina would detriorate faster due to the conditions.

I may be looking at that a bit to deeply but I suspect it mirrors real life pretty well.

I can vouch for this. You will notice when playing on a really hot day players will end with low 70% or even 60% where playing at normal temperature they might finish the same game at high 70%condition. Helps to not over do it on these hot days,eg. Reduce the closing down and forward runs.

I'm sure it's like this, although I don't make many changes besides near the end, so we don't get caught out due to exhaustion. Regarding rain, as you stated it affects the passing game. I think most people don't even notice what the weather is or make any changes for it as the results are not obvious to see. I would suspect that comparing the pass completion in winter and summer could show a difference, but there are too many variables that could conflict (home/away, form, opposition).

• 4 years later...

Archived