Can't find enough good young players

I'm into year 23/24 managing Pro Vercelli in Italy and I want to recruit as many good 16/17/18 year olds as I can for my youth team. Problem is none of them are good enough. I've been scouting non stop and searching myself for about 5 years but hardly any are up to scratch. Anybody else find this? Is there anything else I can do to find better players?

There isn't anything then really. It's just luck that all the youngsters at the moment don't seem to be good enough. How good of a side are you? It could be that you have some good quality players and some good scouts and that your scouts attributes are saying that they aren't good enough in theory. Some players sometimes actually out perform their attributes and are able to do well through other hidden attributes. So sometimes don't just go on the visible attributes. Go with instinct too.

Ya my team is pretty awesome if I do say so myself but it's mostly that the stats of the new crop of young players aren't very good. Seems to be plenty of 20/21/22 year olds with amazing stats but not so with the younger ones. I'll have to bite the bullet and sign a few lumps of coal and try and turn them into diamonds.

Don't be put off by star ratings. If you have amazing world class players and your promising youth are 2.5-3star potential it doesn't mean they are going to be poor. In the description it might say 'potential to be a good XXXXXX player', therefore solid rotation players and possible first teamers. The star ratings can change so frequently depending on the other players in the squad.

Also, it really comes down to the distribution of attributes in key areas. Some 4.5star potential players can have terrible placement of attributes and may never reach the level they should.

Make sure you have a few Scouts with 18+/18+ for judging ability, but always use your own judgement.

Finally, the size of your database and leagues loaded could have an affect. Larger amount of active leagues means more newgens, higher chance some will have large potential. Scout Argentina, seems a haven in this FM.

Youth players mature later in this year's version than you're used to from previous games. Makes it more realistic and also much more of a challenge to identify the prospects.

Youth players mature later in this year's version than you're used to from previous games. Makes it more realistic and also much more of a challenge to identify the prospects.

Tell me about :( If sold quite a few youngsters whom I stopped believing in as they reached 19-20 years and they didn't develop as quick as I believed they should. Only to see them play for teams like Real Madrid some 4 years later...

But as you say it's more realistic and it also makes the game more fun when you doesn't always win in every aspect of the game.

Look for professional and determined players. They tend to do much better in the longer saves, as they will constantly look to improve on their performances and skills. I've seen players with 4.5 star rating, but with a fairly dubious personality become nothing, while a 3 star player became 4, because of his excellent training mentality.

Look for professional and determined players. They tend to do much better in the longer saves, as they will constantly look to improve on their performances and skills. I've seen players with 4.5 star rating, but with a fairly dubious personality become nothing, while a 3 star player became 4, because of his excellent training mentality.

If that post was for me then thanks and yes I already know :) But for some reason some players no matter how perfect their personality is they just don't improve as fast as other players. So I guess there's some kind of randomness in player development...

I have a couple of stupidly good youths, but they're the only two 21 year olds of this ability in the game at the moment:

481169_10151830714440268_1682936964_n.jpg

382464_10151830716065268_346251446_n.jpg

There's no-one in the same age group as good as these two at the moment.

Players like that should be very rare at that age. If you always have players like that then it's just proof that the development system needs more work.

I'm not focusing much on other teams as I can't buy any good enough 'mature' player (they won't come to my club) - only youngsters I must develop myself... The team has been a work in progress and this is the best young midfielder so far at the club. But I do let 16-17 year old players into the 1st team at occasions so maybe players at my club develop a bit faster than what they would at other clubs.

Edit: also your players can play several positions which subtract from the attributes everything else being equal.

Archived