Your worst, EVER results here!

Worst meaning, say losing 1-6 at home to your rivals haha. Or...when its on the line, title winning match and 3 players see red in the first half and you get hammered lol. Basically - the bad side of football management. I had a save where I started without a club, I didnt focus on finding 1 until I saw Aston Villa sack McLeish and they were 19th with 14 games to go. So, there I went. I got upto 17th, last 3 games were Swansea A - Blacburn A - Arsenal H. I knew I had to win atleast 1, I had just 4 points keeping me from 18th and Arsenal were always difficult to beat whoever you are. So we go to Swansea, halftime and we're 2 down. Bolton, who are 18th, 1 up against Newcastle. We lose 2-1, Bolton win 2-0. Now, I'm without a paddle. I'm happy to see Bolton facing Chelsea away, I hope for a BIG 3 points lol. Then in the 4th minute, Dunne gets sent off. Violent conduct. Wonderful. 19 minutes, Bent is injured. Ecstatic. We make halftime drawing, I do my thing, 76 minutes in and Hoillet scores. 82nd, Gamst gets one. I check on Bolton, they managed a 2-2. I resigned. Never did I ever think I'd relegate a team lol, that game was a gut kick though.

I had this result happen with my Real Madrid team a few hours ago and I'm still fuming over it right now, the team that had played brilliantly for me all season, winning me 4 trophies in my debut season as R. Madrid boss and they somehow couldn't be bothered to turn up for a CL final. 1 of my cb's even managed to play a 3.2, one of the lowest ratings I've ever had on any FM.

RMadridvFCBayernInformation_Overview.png

My favorite embarrassment was a long time ago, I think still before CM became FM? I was managing a superb world beater Inter side and set up a pre-season friendly against my local side Marítimo, occasional qualifiers for the then UEFA Cup through the Portuguese league. We lost 6-1. Then the game crashed, I had to bring an older backup of the savegame before the friendly, and replayed it. We still lost 1-0.

cupbombe.jpg

It's from 2009 but to this day it's the most embarrassing and unquestionably stupid defeat I have ever suffered.

I don't really mind losing to a rival, even in a decisive way; I can accept the odd defeat against relegation candidates, but being DOMINATED by an amateur side for 90 minutes without the slightest hint of a comeback was the nadir of my FM career.

Those are really 'good' examples. I had a lucky escape just now, playing as utd, FA cup final v stoke, dominated - 68% possesion, 4 CCC's, 19 shots at goal and we make extra time. Its 119th minute, Welbeck finally scores but Im still somewhat irritated by Soerensen. I hope he retires the son of a..........diddly

i was unbeaten in 20 games heading into an away match against spurs on the back of a 3-1 win at stamford bridge, when for some reason my whole entire team decided not to turn up white hart lane losing 7-1 even tho the match was quite even, needless to say i was fuming and fined everyone 2 weeks wages! they hated me for a while struggling for the next 2 games until things clicked again and went unbeaten to end of season in the league.......

I lost 4-1 against Barca in the first leg of a champions league game at Old Trafford. I hadn't qualified for the champions league that year in the league, so I decided I was going to quit and start a new game. So in the return leg I played all youth team players. We lost 20-0.

Since losing to Chelsea 5-1, I have since lost 2-1 to Stoke and 3-1 to West Ham, back to back. Those two obviously were more close so to speak, but Stoke and West Ham are both fighting off relegation while I'm fighting for 2nd with Man City. So I have to be embarrassed by them even with the closer scores.

In the first season of my Man United game, while leading the league by around 10 points, I lost to city away 3-2. An exciting game, and one that I can understand losing. However, losing that game demoralized my players so much that I lost my next match 5-1 to the NINETEENTH place wolves AT HOME playing a full strength squad. I recovered, but losing by that margin was embarrassing.

was up 3-0 after the first leg against barcelona thinking I have it in the bag, going to my first ever CLfinal with napoli, was down 4-0 before 30 mins, get one back, praying I can hold on and in the 90th minute they score.

Relegation from the Premier League (as West Brom) confirmed with a 10-1 hammering against Chelsea on the final day. While there was still a chance beforehand I had pretty much given up and clearly so had the players. Very depressing way to leave a club.

My Dinamo St. Petersburg team lost 7-0 to CSKA Moscow in the Russian Cup 7th round, though I wasn't gutted at all I must say. The gulf in class was simply too wide - they were the 5-time winners of Russian Cup, a powerhouse in the Russian Premier Division and a UEFA Champions League team, while my team has just been promoted to the Russian Division I.

FM09 I think. 5th season in the game, 2nd season at Southampton. Surprised myself by getting into play offs in 1st season back in Championship following promotion from L1. Semi final 1st leg at Ipswich. Lost 8-0. This is the first time I've spoken of it since...

1-8 away game lost to Arsenal London in CL group stage when palying PFC Sumy in Ukrainian lower-league network game.

Was going down 0-2 when my CD managed to claw one back and... penaty, RB sent-off, LB injured (with all subs already used) and we go overload)))

A few hours ago.. First season, with Spurs, playing in the Euro League vs Athletic Bilbao. Had a few days to rest for the next game, and needed to win to win the group, so I figured I'd play pretty much my "first 11".

Went 2-0 down in the first 10-15 minutes or so, 3-0 a couple min later.. Was just fuming! Made two subs, 4-0! Made my last sub in the 21st minute I think, pulled one back, half-time!

Neither team bothered in the second half, conceded another goal, lost 5-1.

The worst part isn't losing, not even losing by that amount of goals. It's just seeing my players ******* about, looking totally uninterested. Made 8 changes for the next game I think, vs high-flying Bolton and ended up winning 3-1 :)

About halfway through my attempt at Gundo's European Challenge, made the Europa League final and got spanked 7-1 by Man City. It was horrific to watch, and I ended up disciplining 10 of the 12 players involved.

Worst defeat for me was last match in the 2015 season as Liverpool. I was just 2 points behind Chelsea and had them at Anfield on the last day of the season so Just needed a win to take the title......lost 1-6 which remains the heaviest defeat of my career. More recently I lost 2-4 at Arsenal. Not so bad maybe but I was 2-0 up at half-time :eek:

As Arsenal, I've always had a hoodoo against Manchester United, no matter what I do, they beat me easily. Not unusual I know, but I thought I had it beat this time; Fergie retired at the start of the season and was replaced by Martin Jol. They were still in decent form up to October, but lost one and drew two just before I was due to play them, Rooney was injured and I was unbeaten since early September.

After half an hour we were 2-0 up, and their morale was in the gutter, all playing without confidence or in danger of losing discipline, when suddenly they pull one back just before half time (Welbeck hammers one into the top corner from about 25 yards).

Unperturbed, I tell my players to carry on and they will get the win, don't change a thing at half time, and for a while we remain on top. After an hour I decide to tighten things up, bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one. Of course, before the tactics are even applied they have equalised, and I've just removed my best creative force from my team. But I think a draw is s decent result, so keep it tight.

So it's 2-2 in the 91st minute, when Welbeck steals in behind my defence and slots past Szczesny. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Easily my most gutting is dragging Iceland to the World Cup final on the back of a pair of insanely good regens. In the semi final, with about two minutes to go, my star AMC pulled up with a hamstring strain so missed the final. I retooled my whole formation so that my equally talented striker would get the most of the ball, and we led 1-0 after 17 minutes before he got sent off for two bookable offences. We got completely stuffed 6-1 and never got out the groups again.

I lost to USA 1-11 in Olympics. Even tho it is the worst numbers I have ever got, it really wasn't my worst lost on my FM carreer.

Actually I was pretty happy with this results since I was playing with Fiji and we made our first and only goal (most likely ever) in Olympics :)

I'm pretty sure I drew a game 0-0 once, a few years ago. ;)

Those can be the most frustrating.

You just know with some games that the players are gooning it. Doesn't matter what you say at half time, substitutions or tactical switches you make. For some reason the match seems to move much more quickly than normal and there's a total lack of anything at all happening. That's when I usually lose the plot, because I absolutely know it's going to end 0-0 and nothing I do will have any effect.

i was unbeaten in 20 games heading into an away match against spurs on the back of a 3-1 win at stamford bridge, when for some reason my whole entire team decided not to turn up white hart lane losing 7-1 even tho the match was quite even, needless to say i was fuming and fined everyone 2 weeks wages! they hated me for a while struggling for the next 2 games until things clicked again and went unbeaten to end of season in the league.......

got my revenge the very next season thrashing them 8-0 at WHL :)

I just had one. FUUUUUUMMMMMMMIIINNGGG I am but still. Celta Vigo away, my Barca side unbeaten in 34 league games, domintating everything. On the back of a 6-0 win at home to Levante, 4-0 home win against litex and 6-0 away to Real Betis I was confident that 19th placed Vigo were gonna cop it. We dominat early on, 2 good chances, loadsa possesion and the Celta, 1 shot, goal. I'm calm because Messi and Aguero will score, hmm. So we get to half time, outplaying them and losing. 2nd half - same again, dominate them completely, 74% possesion and we wind up losing 1-0. Its worth mentioning we had 22 shots on goal. Very dissapointed!!!

Another one! Played Udinese in the Euro League, at White Hart Lane.. They scored after 7 minutes, after we had dominated them. Kept dominating the match and ended up with 70% possession, 87% pass completion, 24 shots, 12 corners, a 0-1 loss and 2nd place in the group! A draw would secure the win..

Won the first leg of the Knockout Rd 3-2 at the Etihad (Juve vs Man City). Second leg, we score first, and I'm thinking: "Perfect, thats a wrap on this tie then. See you next year Man City, thanks for coming out."

Man City go on to score 4! 4! In a row! I changed to control tactics, I changed to counter tactics, I tried playing more direct, I made subs to get the poorly performing players (esp. strikers) out. One of their goals was a complete GK error, where he let a player with something like 11 or 12 jumping get up above him (he came off his line and got beat to the ball). Their 4th came when I was pushing desperately to make it 3-2, which would have taken us to extra time, GK came up, the corner that is sent in is complete *****, doesn't beat the first defender, Man City take the ball to the half line and lob it in to seal the victory.

F***ing Bull****! We are talking world class players, world class GK, world class strikers, all proven performers in big game situations, and this was the most they have ever let me down. Ever! Very disappointing.

Archived