Football Manager 2012 is running dangerously low on memory. quit and free up some memory

Please guys can anyone help me with this i have reloaded so many times and it still won't go away ... the message saying "Football Manager 2012 is running dangerously low on memory. please quit and free up some memory"

I have done all sorts of things to try and solve this but i still can't get through processing one day on a sasve i just started.

I have uninstalled FM and re installed it ....... didn't

I deleted all my downloaded tactics then then followed through in the recycle bin

I deleted loads of my editor data files infact 90% of them (i only kept ones that i feel i willllll reaaaallly need in the future)

I deleted all my skins folder my facepacks and in general the whole graphics folder

PLEASE GUYS I NEED HELP i really do not know what to do sooo if anyone has ever had this..... and then solved can anyone help?

thanks for your help

It sounds to me like the problem is with your computer rather than the game. Trying running some other big complicated program and see what happens. Do all the normal things looking for viri and malware. Defragment your hard drive. Update all your drivers. Test your memory. Test your computer's memory. Check to see if something is running in the background that shouldn't be.

I am not saying that anyone of these things is specifically likely to be the problem but, as I said, it really doesn't seem like the game can be the problem.

It sounds to me like the problem is with your computer rather than the game. Trying running some other big complicated program and see what happens. Do all the normal things looking for viri and malware. Defragment your hard drive. Update all your drivers. Test your memory. Test your computer's memory. Check to see if something is running in the background that shouldn't be.

I am not saying that anyone of these things is specifically likely to be the problem but, as I said, it really doesn't seem like the game can be the problem.

CAN YOU give me some hinters on how to do them coz i am really out of my depth with techinacal side of PC's?thnaks for the reply

You could need to free up some disc space on your PC/Laptop. You can when turning your computer on tap one of the F buttons and it allows you to return your computer back to its factory settings, thus wiping all your data clean. Obviously you will need to back-up and reinstall your printer etc, but I have had to do that before.

Each computer is different regarding which F key it is so check your manual.

You could need to free up some disc space on your PC/Laptop. You can when turning your computer on tap one of the F buttons and it allows you to return your computer back to its factory settings, thus wiping all your data clean. Obviously you will need to back-up and reinstall your printer etc, but I have had to do that before.

Each computer is different regarding which F key it is so check your manual.

i think for me its F4 so ill try that thanks

Archived