Sold over 1500 season tickets, can only allow 250 fans into the ground.

Just silliness, I was doing well, just keeping my head above water, new board comes in, promises debts to be paid off, they aren't.

Takes my Stadium which has 3 seated stands and one terrace and decides to spend some money making it an all seater. All well and good, but instead of just closing one stand in my own stadium, they close the full thing down for a full season and announce a ground share with whoever the hell plays at the Archibald Stadium, which has three terraces and one seated stand which holds 250 people.

Now they don't let people stand on the terraces in the championship at the Archibald Stadium anyway, what was the logic in the groundshare? Might aswell have shut the one terraced stand in our ground and I wouldn't be losing 100k per month due to a severe drop in attendance.

Currently falling into severe debt for the actual size of my club, with the board now pressuring me to slash the wage budget (which is by far the smallest in the Championship anyway) because they've reconsidered the financial position at the club.

**ANGRY FACE**

I had a very similar issue with Salisbury when we got promoted to the Championship:

Made a thread too!

Had I seen that, I wouldn't have posted a new one apologies. Yes its almost exactly the same situation.

Ive calculated if this continues until the end of the season, and barring any star player sales (which I might be forced into) I will be around £2.4 million in the red, that's including the 500k it is costing to stick seating in the last terraced stand.

May not sound much, but my average attendance last season was 5k ish, my stadium capacity is 6k. I cant see where the money is going to come from to get us back into the black.

Did you recover?

Still in the red halfway through the following season, sold my best defender last January as I was around £2M in the red, he went for £2.6M which helped a send us into the black. However we're now having to make loan repayments and with a stretched wage budget we're £1M in the red.

Money coming in from gate receipts has risen significantly though, had 7 sellouts in the league after 14 home games, and the income from this is £3M and counting this year, whereas last years gate receipts was £1.3M for the entire season.

So wouldnt say I have recovered, although we are slowly recovering. Having said that since being in charge our finances have always been a bit shakey.

Still in the red halfway through the following season, sold my best defender last January as I was around £2M in the red, he went for £2.6M which helped a send us into the black. However we're now having to make loan repayments and with a stretched wage budget we're £1M in the red.

Money coming in from gate receipts has risen significantly though, had 7 sellouts in the league after 14 home games, and the income from this is £3M and counting this year, whereas last years gate receipts was £1.3M for the entire season.

So wouldnt say I have recovered, although we are slowly recovering. Having said that since being in charge our finances have always been a bit shakey.

Oh I hear ya, been in the red for a lot of my game so far. But the amount I'm plunging into the red is alarming, actually since posting last, Leicester have just bought my 18 year old Swedish Right Back for 500k, which will help. Shame though, as my coaches told me he would develop into a good Premier League Right Back, and I signed him on a free, but that's the game

Archived