What do you do to stop the mid-season slump!

Played 6 1/2 seasons now between Waterford Utd and Carlilse having 2 promotions and 1 Airtricity League Title, but have always had mid season slumps, the best i can manage is moving 2 cm back to dm amd playing deep counter attacking football and having to accept dropping 12-20 points in month/2 month period. How do you mange the slump?????

I very rarely get a mid season slump, my slumps happen when my small squad is over stretched but what I'd do is try not to just assume that your tactics will be massively off. Watch each match and see where it looks like it is going wrong. Only then can you really know what to do.

Apparently using conditioning training in pre season helps prevent mid season slumps. I haven't tried it though as I can't be bothered changing 50-60 players training schedules back to their individual ones each season.

I found putting an older head on normally helps. When I was leaking goals after new year one season, I put a veteran player in and it dramatically reduced the amount we conceded. As I had a young back line, I'm not sure if it was the experience/mental attributes or if the young players simply couldn't hack an entire season(started making mistakes, overplayed, jaded, etc.)

Archived