role for strong, fast forward

Won't give the name but he's not technicqlly gifted, has never been prolific IRL but possesses strength and pace.

What role should I give him and why?

I do tend to sell for 9m as I can't see where he fits but el looks like he's staying and will be played as a forward this year just don't know how to get the best outta him......

Thx

I've developed a new quite solid formation I'm happy with (until it becomes completely unstuck):

Basically a 3412 attacking but with a dmc and two centrebacks.

Direct passing and counter attacks as I have pace , crossing and passing to burn decent wingers

Hope that helps.

Yep played a while with one forward but this formation gives me two as well as some guile in the midfield.

Other striker set to poacher its his best role rl and in the game imho.

Midfield: always liked to keep it solid plenty of workrate etc.

Destroyer at dm AND am, two quick wingers and in the cm I have one attacking playmaker plus a defensive partner set currently to b2b though his shooting is terrible. Can pick a pass AND defend though

From my experience (and my opinion) is that an advance forward is basically a more proactive poacher so having an AF and poacher would not work as well.

If you have pacy winger I would choose the weaker forward as a deep lying forward on support (if your wingers gets forward into the box often) and just have him do a simple passing game without running with the ball too much. What this will do is that the forward will tend to play a bit closer to the midfield, and when he gets the ball he will usually dribble back towards the halfway line which will drag either a defender or DM with him. Wingers and poachers will typically run into this space and your forward can lay off a pass to him that will usually slice open their defense. Or your forward will lay off a pass to the midfield / winger which will do a through ball into the space for your poacher. In essence you are using him as a decoy.

I find that pace itself is not enough as you need really good dribbling to have your striker move fast with the ball. One of my poacher has 19 acceleration, 20 pace, and 18 dribbling out runs almost all premier league defender while dribbling.

Hmmm. Sorta makes me want to sell him. He's good shooting, average heading, no technique, decent aggression for a deeper role (can also play on the flanks or as an AMC) poor passing or creativity. But good shooting, strength and pace. Bit of a white elephant really which is why rl he's never really reached the heights but with a new manager this year maybe we'll develop him into an effective roleam playing him as AF because that's his favoured role. Guess he can hold up the ball well.

But he's no dribbler.

Archived