Getting started

Hey guys

I am very new to the FM series and the sports of Football itself. I have very little knowledge of the sport and was wondering if you guys can help me get started. I really

want to build a bad team into a money-maker but I don't know how to do the strategy in game. I was wanting to focus more toward transfers and developing youth. Is there any way to have my ass man do the match without me (simming the matches). Also, when starting at a club, what screen should I look at first when trying to improve the

team? I already know how to get free transfers and such, but what screen should I look at to know which transfers I should go after? I just basically need help getting

started at a club.

Quite an interesting approach to the game you seek, but of course you are entitled to play it your own way.

To have your ass man do the games for you, there isn't a specific option for it, but if on each match day you choose [Your Name]>Actions>Go on Holiday and go on holiday for one day, this will sim the game. If you want to be in charge of tactic then make sure to set your tactics, and then on the Go on Holiday screen, make sure to tick the box that will have the ass man use your tactics and line up.

In player search you can filter the database for players that are transfer listed. 95% of these players will be of little value in the sense of profit making ability, but every now and again a big player will be transfer listed at a low price due to being unhappy.

The best failsafe for making money is to wait until July 1st 2012, and then every July 1st from then on, and go through the u21 and u19 teams of all of europes nations. You will find a number of players released on a free, a large amount of whom are normally quite promising youngsters, get your scouts to check then sign the good ones, then after a couple of years of their development sell them off. Also if you are a bigger clubs, get your scouts to scout the youth leagues of some of the bigger nations you have set, then sign their good recommendations when they are 16/17 years old, using the values the scout recommends you can get them fore. A few years later you can sell them off

One reaslism aspect in the game to prevent people signing players just to make money is that often teams will be unwilling to buy players off you in the same window in which you signed them, so you may have to keep the players for a while before you can make a profit on them

Archived