Problem with Lille

First season was awsome for me, I finished 2nd and won the two French cups.

Second season was terrible with 4rd place and no title!

Now i started my 3rd season with poor performance with Win Loose and Draw in the first 3 games.

IMO I got a great squad, with great players :

206j8no.jpg

Can you help me? how can I improve my team and my performance ? Maybe some tactic change?

Cheerz:thup:

You need a lot more depth in your squad so that you have a lot more options for positions and during a game you have

a better oppurtunity to turn it around.

Also try and get Pedretti to drop back to help out the defence when not in possesion.

3 games into the season still early. Did you sign too many players in the pre-season? Maybe they are still gelling if they are in your 1st XI? Try not to field too many new players together if that's the case.

Typical basic errors in your tactic.

Your formation is very attacking with four players in advanced positions leaving you short when defending. They are also all on attacking orders + one of your MCs when using an attacking team strategy, this is far too many with no-one running between the lines.

Basically you are attacking with five men, defending with five men and have very little inbetween. When your defenders have the ball all the attacking players are running away from them with no-one making themselves available for a pass during the transitional phase and when when you lose the ball you get caught with too many men the wrong side of the ball.

As you are a top club in France other teams will play more defensive against you, keeping men behind the ball and trying to counter attack (Your formation/tactic performs badly against this sort of play). If you manage to get the first goal you draw the opposition forward as they look to equalise and can win comfortably but the longer the opposition keep it level or even go ahead leads to frustration for your players and a poor performance.

Archived