Online delay Football Manager 2012 - Help?

Hi,

A friend and me have been playing Football Manager 2012 since the release now, the game is perfect and we love it, but there is one major issue we really think needs fixing.

When we are playing online, the game is delayed for the person who is connecting to the host, we are talking about 2-4 seconds delay and that can be pretty irritating long term. We have been searching forums and so on, and the only thing people with the same problem are proposing is to only choose one Country to play with. Is this something you are looking in to fixing, or to you have a solution to the problem that we can use?

We both have fine computers the performance should run just smooth, we sit on 30/4mbit Internet connections. We have tried running it trough Hamachi, Tunngle and normally connection, everything is the same. We have tried without facepacks, with the few options fm2012 allows you, and we still got the delay.

Is there really no way to get a online game running without delay? The different forums suggest that you only take one Country and League, but we really want a full game with the 6-7 Countries.

//KAaskilde

There's not much that you can do about the lag, IMO the problem relates to the sheer volume of data that is being transferred & ISP's capping upload rates to a much lower speed when compared to download rates.

FM is getting too big for the current network game system to work efficiently.

Ya i had the same idea, just hoped that they may had found some solution to the problem. It's really boring not to be the one hosting, everything takes so much longer, you sometimes hit next on teamtalks without giving any etc. etc.

I love FM, but the delay online is getting really irritating. :(

Archived