Annoying Stadium Ground Share

Currently doing a long term with Salisbury City. I'm now in the Championship and I think because of something to do with league regulations of seated stadiums our 6000capacity stadium is being upgraded (3000 seat terrace conversion). This has left us unable to use our own stadium. Instead we are ground sharing with non-league team Gosport in their 4500 capacity stadium.

However the issue here is only 1/10 of this stadium is seated. So we are having to play until march with only 450 people able to attend our games. Average attendence now looks a bit silly when compared with previous seasons:

2011/12 BSS 1044

2012/13 BSP 2253

2013/14 L2 4375

2014/15 L1 5888

2015/16 L1 5224

2016/17 CH 450

450 average attendence in the championship is just stupid, the 2nd lowest is Scunthorpe with 7000.

Another weird thing is we have over 1000 season ticket holders.

This is also having a bad impact on our finances, £2M in the red in January. Luckily only 3 more months of this!

Was just wandering if anyone else has experienced similar troubles when progressing with a low league side?

As Dover I had the same problem and had to ground share with some no mark Kentish club (I can't remember who) whose seated capacity was 300. Finances were a bit stretched that season.

But we recovered.

I'd post that in the bugs forum it doesn't seem right.

When I played as Nantwich my side ground shared with Stoke City, we got higher attendances at their ground than we did when the new stadium was finished.

I thought they fixed this in FM 2011?

It was a problem in FM 2010 (I have it with Borehamwood as I was only getting 500 seat attendances in the Premier League) but in FM 2011 with Carshalton we groundshared with West Ham (which is silly, it'd probably be Crystal Palace but that's an issue with geographical settings) until the seats were installed.

I'd post that in the bugs forum it doesn't seem right.

When I played as Nantwich my side ground shared with Stoke City, we got higher attendances at their ground than we did when the new stadium was finished.

Shall i literally just repost it there or can a mod move the thread for me?

I'm sure the real life rules allow a club three seasons to convert to all seated the first time they promote to the Championship.

They do, I've just moved into a new ground at Hendon which co-incided with promotion to the Championship, 5800 capacity (I was selling out every game at Wembley FC 4000 capacity) but it only had 1400 seats meaning most of the ground is closed, the finances are now awful, how do I solve this, does the game resolve it or what? I'm actually doing well in the CHampionship aswell.

Slightly different issue but as Histon I've ended up groundsharing with the obscure Cambridge Regional College FC, who happen to play their home games at the Abbey Stadium - also the home of our fierce rivals Cambridge United.

Archived