Mls draft.

I believe it's similar to how you pick a feeder club (if the board allows you to select a club of your choice). Go to the player profile and there's an option, select in draft. Or right click, and the same option is there.

I had a save in the MLS on 2009, my total lack of knowledge meant it was a disaster, luckily I had Eng and Scot Prem loaded too, So I moved to Hibs and then Villa.

Ive always wanted to revisit the MLS though.

I remember the draft being more like how you voted for players of the season, with a giant pool of players. You also could trade your draft pick for stuff if I remember correctly. I was like "what? I cant just spank 20 million on a player? This system is way too fair, it sucks".

Out of interest, how do you pick players during the draft?

When it's your team's turn to select a player, you select the player you like (which takes you to their profile screen) and in the upper-right of the screen you should see the option "pick player." Players on a Generation Adidas contract automatically join the team (be careful, though, as the game sets their default status to 'first team player' off the bat) while the other players have to be offered contracts.

The MLS really is an amazing league to manage and offers a truly unique experience. I highly suggest those who have played football manager (previously Champ manager) for many years give it a try. I recently started my first attempt at the MLS and took an hour to search the net in search of help with the rules and now i feel fully clued up on them its helped no end with my MLS save.

Id always brushed the MLS off as a joke but quite enjoy the rules now im use to them. Still feels bizare landing an utter beast without paying millions for him. More like 100k or a draft pick lol!

Archived