Who still watchs their games as Dots not 3D game engine??

I'm curious. Always hear people talking about the 3D game engine and posting their vids with the 3D match engine.. Personally I can't stand watching my games like that. It just doesnt look good enough to watch it like that I dont think. I just stick with the traditional DOTS. Whos with me?? Now if this was FIFA 3D match engine that might be a different story lol. I like my DOTS ;)

I prefer dots too, when they first came in i couldn't bare them and only watched commentary only but now i cant play without them. Could never watch 3d because that just takes too much away from the imagination for my liking. Afterall the game is about letting your imagination take control and take you to another world where you reign supreme....or not in some cases :)

I prefer dots too, when they first came in i couldn't bare them and only watched commentary only but now i cant play without them. Could never watch 3d because that just takes too much away from the imagination for my liking. Afterall the game is about letting your imagination take control and take you to another world where you reign supreme....or not in some cases :)

Interesting point. When it was text only then the imagination really took over. And still does in the none-match areas of the game. Who hasn't imagined how the dressing room goes quiet when you walk in to give the team a pre-match motivational?

With dots it's easier to get a better tactical view IMO, easier do see how your formation is actually working so i still use it sometimes.

i agree completely you see your players positions much easier and get a much better veiw of whats happening off the ball which is a hugh part of the game

I remember the 3D is FM09 being a huge disappointment. I didn't even try it out on FM10 until I somehow accidentally switched it on about 6 months after buying the game. Been a convert ever since, and I think they've improved it quite a lot this year compared with 10 and 11. Displaying numbers above players heads may be a good idea in future though (unless there is already an option for this I'm unaware of?) - as people say, seeing off the ball behaviour is a great advantage of 2D. With 3D being watchable though, it feels so much more realistic than 2D, as managers do actually watch matches from the stands. But real life managers can recognise their own players running around, which the graphics don't quite allow for!

Like has been said before, I never understood why SI diverted resources towards developing 3D.

It's worth it for the times you're 4-0 down and your psycho defender rakes his legs down Fernando Torres - you see it all happen in glorious 3D, and enjoy it enough that you can't bear to fine him for his 3 match ban.

I never felt tempted to go back to 2D personally. I just don't see why.

Simply because in 2D you get the best idea of what is happening in terms of tactic, movements with and without ball.

Of course you'll lose animations and what is exactly doing a player (head shot? dribble with which foot?) but only with 2D you get the overall EXACT idea of how your team is moving.

edit: not blaming you or anyone using 3D ;p

Thought the 3D looked good when I seen it, but I think they only brought it in because fans were wanting it, but went back to dots pretty soon after...I just liked seeing the different stadiums and stuff.

Now, due to my PC packing in about six months ago and more important things to spend my money on (bills & alcohol) I currently have an absolute shed of a PC I use which doesnt even give me the option to use 3D...so its dots all the way for me, and plus its by far the easiest way to study how your tactics/formations/players are doing during the game.

Like has been said before, I never understood why SI diverted resources towards developing 3D.

I respect those that prefer 2D, but I just find it more interesting to see it in "3D". Sure it might be harder to focus on everything at once that way, but I don't really need to. I used to tinker with tactics, but since they added the whole match prep thing in Fm2011 (and carried it on in 2012) I pretty much always use the same tactic as it just doesn't seem to me like tinkering makes that much of a difference to me. Sure there are some tactics that seem "bogey tactics" to yours and you might have to adjust as a result, but that happens maybe, once, twice a season?

So I'd rather see things a bit prettied up a bit, sure, it's not beautiful but, it gives me a better image of the path of the ball in my eyes.

Archived