Training

To get the best out of my players, i always have motivation set to high, with two distinct groups- defenders and attackers (and gk seperate of course). All defenders and DM go in defending, with all but motivational set to the default levels; all forwards and M/AM go in attack, again with motivational training being the only setting that has changed. You may also like to drop the unnecessary setting from each group (eg. make attackers' defence training set to none). My tip is to look through individual clubs rather than just searching in player search, you can find some gems. Why i think motivation makes all the difference:

Jesus Fernandez -cheap from Argentina

Xabi Alonso -even the oldies stay well

Alan Butler -random GKs benefit too

Jordan Chambers -costed 32k before moving on for a huge profit

You may see some stats drop for attackers such as tackling, and vice versa for defenders, but its worth it icon14.gif

• SI Staff

Vane - I'll try and remember to put something like that in next version.

Tips - I'd say just keep an eye on the players and how they develop the biggest 'danger' is over-training players who can't handle a hard regime.

These are generally visible by warnings from your assistant manager, drops in condition and suchlike - if you notice this then consider shifting them onto a lighter training regime.

(most commonly its older and very young players who will have this problem)

Archived