Lol. Need to share this, will try and get some screenshots uploaded later.

So, im Durham City, and ive managed to get myself in for a chance of promotion now from the Blue Square North into the Blue Square Premier. The last 10 games or so, ive had some good form, and going into my last game, a home tie with Bedford Town, the table looks like this.

Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

1st. Durham 41 23 9 9 67 37 +30 78

2nd. Colwyn Bay 41 22 12 7 70 43 +27 78

Colwyn Bays last game is away to Harrogate Town, who lie in 20th and are relegated. You can forgive me for thinking a win in my next game guarantees me the title right? Considering if I do win Colwyn Bay have to win by at least 4 goals against Harrogate Town plus beat whatever score my match finished as. Really not bad considering I was classed as relegation fodder before the season began.

Well, I win 2-0, checking the Colwyn Bay match at the 60th minute, they are also 2-0 up. Im coasting, the bumper crowd of 1'167 at New Ferens Park are already dancing in the stands. I check again in the 87th, Colwyn Bay are 6-0 up!!!!!!!!!

The final whistle goes, the league table now looks like this

Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D Pts

1st. Colwyn Bay 42 23 12 7 76 43 +33 81

2nd. Durham 42 24 9 9 69 37 +32 81

They win the title on the last day, with one goals difference in it, better yet, that one last goal was scored in the 88th minute.

My question, has anyone had anything so gut wrenching happen to them as this of any FM, Ive had close runs, but nothing quite like this before lol. Fair play to Colwyn, if they can smash six when the pressure is on they deserve the title.

*Edit* Oh man the league tables are messed up now its posted, you get the idea though.

To be honest, I've actually had more experience with the other side of the coin. Quite a few times I've gone into a final league game needing someone just above me to lose against a poorer team with to play play for, and had it happen.

That is a kicker though, my commiserations.

Well after being bumped into the playoffs from what happened in the OP, I got Alfreton Town. "No problem" I thought, i walloped them at their gaff earlier on in the season. I go one nil up in the first leg at their ground, and conceded two very late goals.

"No problem" I think, I'll win my home leg. I go 2 up and I am set for the playoff final. After making my 3 subs, I lost a man to injury in the 81st minute, bringing me down to 10 men, then my striker Tom Youngs scores an own goal. Taking it to extra time, and then penalties, which I only just squeak through. Although I won the playoff final 4-2 against Gainsbrorough Trinity, it definately was squeaky bum time. The craziest thing of all, is that during pre season my scouting network were on fire,a dn I've signed around 7 players, all from Irish Premier League Clubs, all excellent looking players, and in my first season, Im top of the BSP with 33 games played. Who is second place?

Yes, thats right, Colwyn Bay, right on my heels.

my last day squeakiness. I needed to beat match Man city's result being 2 points clear, my last game was swansea, thiers Norwich.

had the scores on, watched them go 1-0 up, then Norwich equaliser, then 2-1 up... meanwhile i'm sat throwing everything including the kitchen sink (went to overload mode) as it was aproaching the last 10 minutes, I eventually scored, and after all that stress.... Norwich equalised in 90+2 >.> meaning i took a massive risk to win a game :lol:

I was on for my 1st title with Seapatrick. Down to the final day's game and we were top above Glentoran on goal difference with 5 minutes to go. It needed a 2 goal swing. They scored to go 4-1 up (90+2)' date=' we conceded to lead 3-2 (90+4).

Heartbreak just doesn't quite describe it![/quote']

Best ............name.....................ever

I've had this go both ways, so I can't complain.

In FM12, I'd taken Elgin from the third to the first division. I'd finished second in my second season there and in my third Partick Thistle were running away with the title and it looked like I was going to end runner up again. They went on a horrible run of form at the end of the season and lost about five straight games. Going into the last weekend they were three points ahead of me playing a team in the bottom half. I was playing third place. I won my game fairly easily, going two up early on, so I was just watching the latest scores tab. They went into half time one up. In the second half their opponents equalised and then went ahead with about 20 minutes left. I was worried, knowing that one goal would put them ahead of me again. In about the 85th minute a goal came, but they'd conceded again and I went up.

In an ooold version of FM I was top of the Premiership with Newcastle, two points ahead of Arsenal (and I had a better goal difference) on the last day. With ten minutes left I was drawing 1-1 with Everton and they were drawing their game as well. Come the 89th minute, Rooney scores for Everton (told you it was old...). I flick to the latest scores and in the same minute Arsenal score. 88 minutes gone and everything's in my favour; a minute later both games have done what I didn't want. I'll never forget that season.

Archived