MLS Allocation Fund

Question for anyone who has ever managed in the MLS. In my second and third MLS season with the Whitecaps, I won the MLS. But I have NEVER recieved any allocation fund. I thought I would get it after my NACL campaign which finishes March/April but nothing ever comes. I've been told my 'fund' is meant to come straight after I win the MLS but nothing ever comes. Has this happened to anyone else?

I won allocation money for winning something but I can't remember what it was. It may have been just for winning the Canadian Championship. I also won NACL my first season (got lucky draws versus poor MLS teams for several rounds and squeeked through versus a Mexican team in the QF and again in the Finals). I made the Western Conference final my first year.

At some point I got Allocation money for something.

Allocation money comes mainly from selling players; however, Canadian clubs are given allocation money ($150,000) for winning the Canadian Championship. US clubs might get some for the US Cup, as well. Also, allocation money is given to teams that don't make it to the playoffs or into the conference finals.

Archived