National Team - Sacked or Resigned Issue

Searched and could not find anything regarding this.

Got France to the World Cup 2018, topping our group against Spain and remaining unbeaten in qualifiers.

World Cup came, all the players decided they didn't know how to finish and we had a pretty bad tournament getting knocked out in the second round to Russia on penalties.

I knew I would get sacked and was hoping too as the France job wasn't that fun (not enough over 20yr old quality newgens)

After the tournament was over, Greece beating Brazil to win!, I get a message saying 'XXXXXXXX quits France job', 'France boss has decided to resign with immediate effect'. With another saying after a disappointing performance in the World Cup France decide to part ways.

I never resigned or got any message/meeting regarding me leaving by mutual consent. I checked the other 10 national team jobs that became available after the WC and all the managers 'resigned'. Surely I should have been sacked? I looked through other national team's histories and have seen manager can get sacked. There is either sacked or resigned present. I now have been listed as 'Manager Name' resigned on the French History/Landmarks.

I know international management isn't perfect on FM, but is this common after major tournaments to get 'resigned' without consent, instead of just getting sacked.

Archived