Squad Payout Bonus Bug?

I'm playing as Chongqing Lifan in China.

In my third season - I have just won the Chinese First Division league title, and have been promoted to the Chinese Super League. For the priviledge, I was awarded with £34k-ish in prize money.

However, at the beginning of the season, I had selected a 'Normal' squad payout for their final position in the league. At the end of the season, this bonus amounted to

£825k. Plummeting me right into debt as it is entirely disproportionate to what the club is gathering in income.

Is this a bug that will happen once? Or will this happen every season from now?

Prize money isn't your only income, what about sponsorship, TV money etc.

I certainly wouldn't automatically call it a bug without seeing all your income.

If you look at the Championship in England prize money is very minimal and bonus payments are much higher much like what you've experienced.

Prize money isn't your only income, what about sponsorship, TV money etc.

I certainly wouldn't automatically call it a bug without seeing all your income.

If you look at the Championship in England prize money is very minimal and bonus payments are much higher much like what you've experienced.

Didn't receive any TV money, until I went into the CSL. I received £3.5k for 4 games.

The prize money was so disproportionate to our income, it plummeted us hugely into debt. We ended up making a £875k loss for the year, £825k attributed to the squad payout.

Fortunately, I've got H. Tel Aviv as a parent club this year, which brings in £1m a season, so hopefully should counter the payout this time, but it's still hugely excessive in comparison to our income.

Archived