Is my assistant out of his mind or is this a bug?

I'm about to play a match in which I'm a very solid favorite. Here are the match odds, I'm playing as Athletic:

oddsci.jpg

Then, I go into the teamtalk screen and here's the advice my assistant gives me:

assistantadvice.jpg

I also checked the advice of all my other coaches and they give the same advice. What is going on? How can I be considered an underdog and at the same time be a solid favorite to win the match?

I've seen this a couple of times in my Bologna save, in each case it was in the domestic cup tournament that wasn't a major priority (my board's focuses being Champions League and Serie A), and I had deliberately used a mix of young players and backup/rotation. The odds, it seems, were based on my reputation and general form, but the assistant seemed to be taking the players I had selected into account.

Whether that's just coincidence or not, hard to say.

Well, I was actually using my strongest team as we were in very good form and I'm trying to get all the trophies possible. Anyway, I ended up going with a completely opposite team talk from what my assistant was suggesting. There was just no reason to go soft on my players when the odds were completely in our favor. We ended up winning very comfortably 3-0.

Odds are calculated based on club retutation and dont take into account form or team selection ( which , off course, is daft )- always assume that your assistants advice is wrong and you wont be far out when you make your own judgement.

Archived