Over the top wage request

I signed a wonderkid RightBack on a 4 year contract at 35,000 a week

Two years later his agent says he should have his contract renewed

Now when i try to renew it the agent demands 165,000 a week and £5 million for the agents fees

If i try and lower either then the agent cancels the talks

He also is demanding the match highest earner clause but no other player at the club is on more than 50.000

Talk about over the top as we are not even in the Champions League just the Europa League

Oh for the option to tell the player his agent is being a greedy twit and he should be realisitic

Now the player is demanding a transfer because i alledgedly did not renew his contract as i am supposed to have promised i would . At the time i told the player he still had time on his contract and there would be no talks

Meh, I never give in to this sort of ridiculous wage demand.

Either let his contract run down to see if the wage demands go down due to not having long left on his contract (and risk losing him on a free), or sell up now and get a tidy fee to re-invest into the squad.

I never pay a player over £80k a week, and if they demand more, and won't budge, they're gone. Every player is replaceable.

Did you reject an offer from a bigger club? That's usually when I encounter situations like that and as a result I've become rather cautious about declining those sorts of offers, especially if the player's keen on moving up from the challenge my club is providing.

I have had 3-4 young top talented regens come up to me over the weekend and demand higher wages but i see they have 2-3 years left on their contract so i ....

Refuse, which in turn makes the player concerned. I say to him that he still has years to run on his contract and i will not change and if he still isn`t happy, i say with an 'assertive' tone, that i am the manager and blah blah blah.......i have NEVER (so far) had any players leave unhappy at that point.

This could come down to the manager and his relationship with the players (eg. fav person) so i would be a little careful if you have just signed a new player and rejected him fairly soon after signing him.

Meh, I never give in to this sort of ridiculous wage demand.

I never pay a player over £80k a week, and if they demand more, and won't budge, they're gone. Every player is replaceable.

I agree mate, no man city here!!

I am currently paying Eden Hazard $55000 and he is into his 3rd year i my West Ham save. His agent has come up to me twice over the lat 16 months wanting a wage increase but i have twice declined and he has been happy about it :)

Full agree with 'lil ol me', you have to have a quite word with the player and show him who is boss. Have great experience of this with Everton saves as within the first few weeks of season 1 Baines, Howard, Jags and Felli all have "larger" clubs place offers for them which of course I always decline.

Archived