Just had the most exciting match in 15 years of playing.

Having played this title for so many years there is always the odd epic encounter but for the life of me I can not remember 1 as exciting as the 1 I just had.

I am playing as Nuneaton and we are in the quarter finals of the Champions League(oh yes they are).

In the first leg we are beating 2-0 by Sevilla,was a bit disappointed as we played quite well and on 80 minutes 1 of their players let fly from 30 yards out to make it 2-0.

On to the return leg and we have a couple of chances from the start and I am saying to myself"the next goal is so important",just as I say that Sevilla score to make it 3-0 and us needing now 4 goals(by now you know where I am going with this).

Anyhoo we grab a goal on 41 minutes so at least there is a glimmer of hope,we come out in the second half with all guns blazing,55 minutes and we are 2-1 up,I can see us having a chance,63 minutes and we score again and it is now tied but we still need another because of the away goals rule,82 minutes we get a penalty ....would you believe it I have just taken my penalty taker off so I can bring on some fresh legs,I had a few injuries so I guess that is why my 19 year old DM who has to score a goal and has only played a handful of times steps up to take the kick....My heart was in my mouth,he had no doubt and bang we are in front.

The final 8 minutes sees Sevilla have only 2 chances,1 was well saved by my keeper and the other had me out my chair,A shot that hit the post and then a scramble in the box to which I was screaming "get it cleared for f..........."

We hang on and looking forward to Man City in the semi's.

Brilliant stuff

Archived