Own Goals and Woodwork

Done a search, couldn't find much on this subject, could be that my internet sucks and it isnt loading properly though...

Is anyone else having an awful lot of own goals scored for and against them? Also, I seem to be averaging 3 ish woodwork hits in each game for both sides, is it my tactics? I am using more than just one, but possibly the way I like to set up my teams with wide wing play and good headers of the ball?

Or is this a known match engine issue?

No real complaints, as its happening both ways, there just seems to be a lot.

I have the exact same thing I have like 25 shots in a match with at least 3 post shots stupid longshots (freedom I know) and usually the opponent scores with their only shot on target.

but yeah the OG's are ridiculous i had over 20 one season against me I don't concede too many about 5 a year but the OG's are stupid my player has a shot that would of gone in anyway it gets a little knick and its an own goal which in real life it isn't but the kicker is I score a similar goal and it goes to the player who shot so it just does what it wants to imo

See, Im using a defensive-ish counter attacking tactic, even at home, with wide play. I wouldn't say I get an awful amount of shots off on goal. AI seems to head a lot of my crosses into his net though, lol. Are you guys lower leagues or higher? I always start out in lower leagues, so could be that maybe......?

I'm in Serie A and I can remember just one own goal conceded by me in the previous year. Sometimes the opposition concedes them against me, but similarly infrequently. My defenders usually deal pretty well with crosses.

About the woodwork - I sometimes have Liverpoolseque games against inferior opposition where I hit the woodwork three times and the opposition keeper scores a couple of brilliant saves, and I end up conceding a goal on the counter, or finish with a dull 0-0 draw. I don't really think it can be helped, the nature of football essentially makes these events likely. Games like that don't happen more than two or three times in a season (although it can seem like more because they sting. And sometimes my players find ways to tough these games out and break through, which is always pleasing, like beating a stronger opponent :)

I feel like there are too many own goals both for and against on the game. The main issue for me is that many goals that look like they should be scored for the attacking team are instead recorded as own goals, especially by the goalkeeper.

I get loads every season where my strikers shoot and because it has a slight deflection the game classes it as an own goal . Also hit the woodwork a couple of times a match and even more against the top teams

Played Real Madrid in the Europa Super Cup and had 28 attempts to their 2 and of course they won 1-0 with diver scoring .

It annoyed me as we hit the woodwork 4 times and both my strikers missed sitters from inside the 8 yd box with an open goal

premier division 8 owngoals with 17 games played

championship 15 owngoals

npower league 1 14 owngoals

npower league 2 12 owngoals

blue square prem 12 owngoals

blue square south 8 owngoals

its a lot considering and its funny that it went up rather than down the better the competition got i've conceded a few owngoals not counted on the list but that would happen as I have a young squad but I have had a few games where a player has scored against us and within 5 mins the same player has scored an own goal players such as lampard carrick collison senderos rodwell and darren bent so not just defenders.

its silly how many goals are credited as own goals when they shouldn't be though

I conceded 1 own goal in the entire season in my Man United game.

Unfortunately it was Patrice Evra, in the 90th minute, against Barcelona, in a Champions League Quarter Final.

Lost me the tie :(

Maybe it's just me, haven't really dug deep enough into it. But I feel a lot of the own goals (for or against) seem to be credited to the keeper. And I agree there seems to be plenty of own goals compared to older editions of FM. However the whole woodwork thing has bugged me since 09.

its silly how many goals are credited as own goals when they shouldn't be though
But I feel a lot of the own goals (for or against) seem to be credited to the keeper.

This is the biggest source of own goals in my games, and some of them really are quite ludicrous.

I play 3d matches and as I said I get a lot of own goals scored against me so I know that a slight deflection can count as an OG.

So how comes my striker went into the box got tackled the ball clearly hits my striker again the ball goes in and its an OG to the defender?!?!? if the boot was on the other foot it would have gone down as a goal to the striker

i dunno, i have had a few games where i have won 5-0 even 6-0 and hit the woodwork once or twice.

as for O.G, they are bugged, sometimes it is tiny deflections, here is one example of O.G, i'll show scores so you can see the game result and so i can explain them better

CC3D0ECCA0AE292F4AA6E87B13DA3F76236DEE89

first and last goals were corners (>.>)

the 2 nanis 1 was a wonder goal and another a generic passage of play and finish.

now for the 2 O.G

the first 1, was from a corner, a few players tried to clear and failed. i dunno.

the second one was plain bizzare, rooney whips in a cross, van der vaart slides in and puts into his own net, just like a striker would, very bizzare.

i remember one on my blackpool save, i took a freekick, it went in, it went down as a cech OG because the keeper touched it

In my latest season I had a period of 8 games in which I conceded 6 own goals and this with a world class team. It was rather weird as those own goals comprised 30% of all goals we conceded in the league the entire season.

How would this scenario be credited IRL? Say a striker shoots and the keeper dives to make a save but fails. The ball hits the post and comes back out, but hits the keeper on his back and into goal. Does this usually be a own goal IRL, or would the striker get the goal? It's not too uncommon of a goal, but I've never thought about how they treat a goal like that. I myself don't see it as a GK error as he can do little about it, so the striker should get the goal. These types of goals are own goals in the game though, and I might add it happens too often in game. Could be a result of more own goals + the constant woodwork hitting?

That would be an own goal in real life. I don't think I've ever seen it happen in game though, the goalkeeping own goals I've seen are shots on target that the keeper touches but it goes in the net, without hitting a post or the crossbar.

How would this scenario be credited IRL? Say a striker shoots and the keeper dives to make a save but fails. The ball hits the post and comes back out, but hits the keeper on his back and into goal. Does this usually be a own goal IRL, or would the striker get the goal? It's not too uncommon of a goal, but I've never thought about how they treat a goal like that. I myself don't see it as a GK error as he can do little about it, so the striker should get the goal. These types of goals are own goals in the game though, and I might add it happens too often in game. Could be a result of more own goals + the constant woodwork hitting?

Technically IRL this is an own goal. Very harsh I agree. Had a few of those as a Goal Keeper!!!

Archived