Offered more bigger jobs when employed if you apply for them

I was just wondering why this is? If I wait for the approach it goes to a manager with lower rep but if I put my name in the hat and apply I get the job. I would rather wait for them to come to me but I am ambitious and like all managers want to climb as high as possible. So should I just apply because it is very rare for the board to get too annoyed when you are doing well for them.

The only time i've every been approached for a job is from National teams. Never have I ever been approached to manage another club. Possibly because my rep gets really high with Liverpool so other clubs dont bother.

So you think it is weird that you'll get the job when you yourself apply for it? Obviously, they think you're not interested when you're employed and not responding to the ad.

What?? You have to apply for jobs that you want rather than the chairman being a mind reader and approaching you? What a crazy world we live in.

What next? Supermarkets to start making you go round with a trolley and choose your own groceries rather than them knowing what you want before you go through the door and choosing it all for you? ;)

Archived