Transfer Rumours - How are players selected to be there?

I don't know but it irritates me, on my FM2011 save I've been managing two clubs, Dundee Utd whom I aim to be best in the world, snapping up all the best players and developing my own talent irregardless of where they're from. Inverness Caledonian Thistle also, who I aim to be the best squad they can be using almost exclusively scottish (mostly bought from Dundee Utd due to facilities) talent. So naturally, if I have a young player who wont make the grade at dundee Utd, but could make the grade at ICT and still be "best of scot" I sell that player on.

Only I keep getting linked in the press with players I've just sold to ICT for some wild reason.

I find it funny really, check on the players profile and it mentions there's minor interest from your club, despite not being on your shortlist or ever hearing of the player. Always seems to be a player that has been scouted though, and like somebody mentioned in positions you're short of, eg, I'm currently playing a more narrow formation so I'm constantly being 'linked' with mediocre wingers. :D

These sort of transfer rumours from nothing happen IRL so I'm not too bothered, sort of adds to the realism.

Archived