Managers and Media Interaction: Another Idea

I got to thinking about this after I received a news item that essentially questioned my attendance of the 2016 European Championship final between England and the Netherlands. I'm the Arsenal manager. It's one of the biggest international matches of the cycle, why wouldn't I watch it?

So, I got an idea. Why not have a media outlet invite managers to be guest analysts for a match or for the entire competition. I envision a pre- or post-match press conference type interface, except you're being asked to predict winners of matches and the tournament, identify a team's strength or weakness or how a manager should approach the game, identifying a key injury, or which player needs to have a big game. And after the game identify who stood out to you, what you thought of the match (boring, exciting, predictable), reflect on your own prediction, etc.

This would just be a gimmicky feature that has no actual affect on the game, perhaps apart from being able to talk about players you'd like to sign. But you can do that anyway, so I really don't see the point.

I don't mind that idea. I often watch the England games in my save files as they'll (choke) play more realistically. If I don't attend their games they go off and win the world cup and beat brazil 5-0 or some stupid thing from the 'simming' aspect of the game.

Media calls me a patroit for it though. -shrug-, but it would be interesting if we had a minor pundit role on occassion. Doubt it would happen though.

How often does that happen in real life though? I don't live in europe so I dont know. Sounds like a fun little feature to me.

At major tournaments, often. The BBC had Redknapp, Moyes and possibly Pardew (that might be my mind playing tricks) on their "panel" at various times. ITV had Martinez. Wenger was an analyst for French television.

Archived