Just a quick thank you...

Hi All,

Before I get going with the praise I will explain the reason for posting.

As I'm getting married in the new year (and the inevitable planning for a family after that) I have made the tough decision to hang up my clipboard and stop playing Football Manager. My retirement will commence from the release day of FM 2013 at which point FM 2012 will be uninstalled for good.

I wanted to post to say a massive thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum and to SI for making a brilliant game every year. The forum has enhanced my playing experience with some pretty insightful stuff.

I've often found myself lurking about in the tactics thread as well as reading other peoples stories of their exploits as well as listening to the podcast for small nuggets of info about features in the new game.

I'm sure once I'm older and got my spare time back I will return to the game which I've spent most of my youth on (186 days! :confused: I worked it out.).

I'll keep reading the forum during the quiet times to scratch that itch but for now...

Thanks everyone.:thup:

Glad you enjoyed it so much, after 42 years of marriage all I can say is, see you back here soon! :D

I'll bow to your experience. I will still be gaming but perhaps it might take a back seat for a couple of years.

Your wife will never be going out on her own?

Not that often as it happens. Right now she's at a hen party so FM time and F1 on the telly. :thup:

I just play when my missus goes to bed

She does go to bed earlier than me. Maybe that will change when there's a little someone keeping us up.

Getting married and having a kid has never stopped me playing. Can't to do the whole weekend mass session that I used to but still manage 10-12 hours a week.

I remember those sessions from my school days. Seasons in a day are a thing of the past for me; even now. After a while I get the face so I know I've ignored her for too long.

I think a few of you are missing the point. I'm not being made to give FM up. This is of my own volition. That is now a giant shadow of a thumb hovering over my head.

Seriously though, I've got to start pushing to progress in my career as well as impending family commitments and I can't see how I can do all this and fit 300+ hours of FM in a year.

Archived