substitutes

Every match i get message i am playing a substitute outside the match squad, what does it mean?

none of the subs are greyed out or injured, is their a limit to how many loaned players you can field?

Also two teams in league have been deducted 10 points and i can't find out anywhere what it was for, both are financially secure.

Every competition has set rules on how many substitutes are allowed on the bench, as high as 12 substitutes, which is why you can select up to 12 for any game. If the competition has a rule of 5 subs on the bench, though, the subs selected as S6–S12 are "outside the match squad", ie. not actually selected for this particular match.

when you say five subs selected, do you mean when your in the match and you look at your subs bench? or when your on your squad selection screen before match and you have no player taking about any of the spaces between S6 and S12?

it was a player i had hidden because he was injured, but was selected in S9 position.

I don't understand why FM even warns you about the extra subs. Is it to make sure you pick the right guys and don't accidently put your impact sub as S6 when the competition allows only 5?

I don't understand why FM even warns you about the extra subs. Is it to make sure you pick the right guys and don't accidently put your impact sub as S6 when the competition allows only 5?

Sounds reasonable. Prevents the predictable thread of "Why'd you let me do that?!"

Archived