Club Financial Position- In Debt.

Hi.

I'm currently managing Everton and I'm mid-way through the 2nd season. I've been able to spend a decent budget on some players but recently I've noticed that the clubs financial position is 'In Debt'. I'm certainly not a financial expert on FM and recently it was just 'Insecure' so whats the difference between the two and what difference will it make to the club?

Hopefully someone can help me out and tell me what it really means? :p

In terms of in-game finances the description 'in debt' is the last description before 'in administration' afaik. I've always thought of it as the game's way of giving you a final heads up before putting your club in admin.

You probably have 2 options when your finances get to this stage. 1. Keep things going as they have been and hope to make it to the end of the season without the administrators being called in and hope to have been successful enough to cover the seasons losses through prize money, gate receipts etc.

2. Start cutting costs now by selling players that you can live without and trying to get your wage bill down (there should be an option in player conversation with your highest earners to take a wage cut due to the perilous nature of the clubs finances), in the hope of making certain of avoiding administration and a points penalty at the start of next season.

I'm in 2nd season. I've seen my club went from "Okay", to "insecure", to "in debt", now back to insecure again. basically, other than selling players/reducing wage budget, try to win more prize money in competitions, setting low league and cup bonus, there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. I've seen board pumped in money once when my finance was "okay", but my finance would soon become "insecure". Hopefully your club get taken over by new chairman. He might settle the debt for the club.

Archived