Football Manager product code problem - help!

Hey!

I've just recently bought a NEW copy of FM 12 over the web and it looks like that there's been an error or I've been sc***ed over badly.

It goes naturally all smooth until it comes to entering the product code via steam - apparently, it has already been activated, although I literally unwrapped the box not so long ago.

I tried returning the game back, but as luck would have it, it was the last copy they had and the store has no intention of buying new ones and trading it with mine, so before I claim my money back I'd rather try and get a new code, if that's even possible at this stage.

Support contacts do me no good as I'm from Slovenia and there are no phone numbers nor email sections on the sega-europe/support page for my country.

What to do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex

If the activation code has already been used, the the product should not have been sold in the first place. Your first recourse should be to demand a refund from the supplier, who is at fault. You could try and contact steam customer service as well, but they may well refer you back to the supplier.

Yes I'm aware and if nothing can be resolved I'll demand a refund, but the downside of it is that it'll be at least a week before I get the money back and order a new one.. That's why I was hoping I could resolve the issue in some other less time-consuming way.

Thanks!

Archived