Performance issue need fast answer

Hello World! I 'll be brief.

I am a long time fm player. It was time to buy a new pc. While i was chosing parts i said to myself. Why spend money on a graphics card? The only game you 've been playing last three years is fm in 2d view... So i didn't buy one and left pc with its onboard. An Intel graphics 2000. I bought a dual core celeron @ 2,4 ghz. My old laptop on which i've been playing fm flawlessly all day long was a core2 duo @ 2,2 ghz. Offcource my laptop had an nvidia 8600 gt as well...

And now starts the problem. To make it clear. I always and only use 2d view. For perssonal reasons. I don't like it 3d. I try to play a match and performance is more than awfull! 2d view runs like 5 frames per second. You can't stand watching a match lile this. it's a torchure. Motion is the opposite of fluid. So i press alt+ctrl+del to check processor utilization. And what a surprice! It's very low!!! Its between 3% and 50%... This leads me to the amazing assumption that match engine thread runs not on cpu but on gpu!!! Sounds crazy but i couldnt imagine all these years that i ve been playing a browser level graphics game and i needed a decent graphics card. OK... sound a smart idea to leave cpu free for other desk tasks but at least say it with bold letters "Dont be fooled. There may be not fancy graphics but you still need a good gpu". Who would imagine that?...

Anyways. The reasson why i write this is to be read if possible by a game developer and tell me if i am right and my problem will be solved with a graphics card. If i am wrong and runs on cpu what might be my problem and cpu utilization is so low? I guess that if my cpu was the problem at least it would be used full and strugle. Here it seem it does not beeing used...

Thank you for reading and if i manage to get a well supported answer soon enough i will be getting in the stores in a few hours from now to buy the appropriate hardware part.

The first thing to try would be updating the graphics card drivers. Just because you have a new computer doesn't mean that the drivers are up to date. The second thing you could try is downloading a free program called game booster which might help a bit with performance.

Some top end onboard graphics cards will cope with FM even although the min specs are for a dedicated card with its own memory. If your onboard card is at the bottom end, it will not run FM, even in 2D. Try updating the current card driver and see if that helps.

Thanks for answering.

My drivers are all up to date.

I have a Celeron G590 with on board gpu and 8GB of RAM.

I just bought an overclocked version of ATI 6770 1GB DDR5 and don't seem to eliminate the problem... i'll try full screen mode (i play windowed normally) and will tell you later.

Are you sure you are running your processor at 100%? If you have some power saver or silent setting on you are not getting more then that 50% from your processor. Other case could be that you are low on ram and the computer has to swap allthetime.

Nah... It's permanently at Performance profile, i have an SSD thus there is no page file and 8 GB of ram installed...

I found that the "Enable Desktop Composition" setting from system/advance/performance tab does good job, but problem still exists.

Archived