please make transfer values realistic.

this for me is one of the big problems regarding transfers. clubs are always valuing their players waaaaaaaaay too overpriced. for example, santos want 60 million for neymar, in about 5 different saves for me, after the first season.

now im sorry, but neymar will not be leaving santos for more than 40 million in real life, if that. if a player is estimated at 20 million, then realistically they should be able to be bought between 20-30 million, not suddenly being valued at 50-60 million.

another great example? i was making a funny save as man city where i bought the 'best players in the world', and as i bid for titus bramble, sunderland said they want 30, yes 30 MILLION FOR TITUS BRAMBLE. this is unrealistic because 1. sunderland would never say this much for him, and 2. he is not valued at this price anyway.

I meant how long did it take for you to transform Bourneview into the global powerhouse it now seems to be? when was your first real big money transfer? How long did it take for you to start attracting the players that could be onsold like that or get your academy up to a decent standard?

I believe dafuge has a thread in the career updates forum if you want to check that out, will answer your questions.

Playing in Iceland I've sold players worth less than £1m for over £10m. At the moment my star defender (worth £1.7m) has an asking price of £100m and teams still interested, every player has his price but it's up to the manager (or chairman) what that is.

I notice Neymar went for £44.5m in 2014 in Dafuges save.

If you feel a player is overpriced then negotiate or look elsewhere. The values placed on players shouldn't really be there anyway as a player is worth as much as the selling team will accept.

I notice Neymar went for £44.5m in 2014 in Dafuges save.

If you feel a player is overpriced then negotiate or look elsewhere. The values placed on players shouldn't really be there anyway as a player is worth as much as the selling team will accept.

Alternatively, a player is worth as much as the buying team is prepared to pay.

Who would have thought £35m for Andy Carroll before it happened?

I meant how long did it take for you to transform Bourneview into the global powerhouse it now seems to be? when was your first real big money transfer? How long did it take for you to start attracting the players that could be onsold like that or get your academy up to a decent standard?

I think all of those questions are answered in my thread here: From Young Men to World Beaters

Feel free to ask any other specific questions in there.

transfer values are fine. there are so many players in the FM database and you think neymar's the only wonderkid?

make better use of your scouts and you'll be able to find someone better and cheaper. market values are reputation based and everybody and their mums know about neymar by now

nothing is wrong with transfer values in FM. well-known wonderkids are justifiably overpriced

Im playing in 2030 and the transfer values do get out of control. I cant get a decent player "valued" at 5 million for less than 20 million. even transfer listed people are going at more than 3 times the posted value. I bought a 16 year old LB from barcelona for 9 million because he was the cheapest guy under 30 who could start for a premiere league team.

Im playing in 2030 and the transfer values do get out of control. I cant get a decent player "valued" at 5 million for less than 20 million. even transfer listed people are going at more than 3 times the posted value. I bought a 16 year old LB from barcelona for 9 million because he was the cheapest guy under 30 who could start for a premiere league team.

Strange, as I see transfer listed players go for less or equal to their asking price. I got Di Maria in my game for £14m as he was listed, then picked up Hulk for £22m and he wasn't even listed. This would be classed as a bargain IRL.

Buying players from Barcelona? That is your problem. You need to spend a bit more time looking around for players and use your scouts, they will find you equally good players at smaller clubs who you can pick up much cheaper.

Patience is the key in the transfer market, if you put in some time and effort then you'll be rewarded.

It's called haggling. You bid low, they come back high, you bid slightly higher than before, they come back slightly lower than before, etc.

If you feel a player isn't worth £30m, then either try to negotiate or give up and find another target.

That's their way of saying "We don't want to sell, unless you're silly enough to give us 30mil"

Thats the whole point, who in there right mind would reject 20 million for a player of that standerd let alone ask for 30 million. When in reality a player of this quality will go for far less than 10 million....

And its not a point of "unless you are silly enough to give us 30mill" , its more a point of why are they ******** enough to reject 10-15 million for such an average defender, when in reality thiey would rip your arm off for that sort of sum.

Thats the whole point, who in there right mind would reject 20 million for a player of that standerd let alone ask for 30 million. When in reality a player of this quality will go for far less than 10 million....

And its not a point of "unless you are silly enough to give us 30mill" , its more a point of why are they ******** enough to reject 10-15 million for such an average defender, when in reality thiey would rip your arm off for that sort of sum.

From what I can see in the OP they didn't reject £20m or £10m-£15m.

I guess he enquired and they replied with £30m. From there you negotiate, its pretty basic stuff!

The theory of a team not wanting to sell, so they ask for a stupid amount of money, is ridiculous IMO. If they don't want to sell I'd rather they said "not willing to sell at any price" rather than valuing a £2m player at £30m. The Titus Bramble one for example - IRL if a team offered even £10m for him, that would be un-refusable. To even quote £30m is nothing short of stupid. At least if they say "not willing to sell" and I offer £30m anyway, they could then grudgingly accept because it was too good to refuse. But the current system just sees some stupid fees being quoted.

The theory of a team not wanting to sell, so they ask for a stupid amount of money, is ridiculous IMO. If they don't want to sell I'd rather they said "not willing to sell at any price" rather than valuing a £2m player at £30m. The Titus Bramble one for example - IRL if a team offered even £10m for him, that would be un-refusable. To even quote £30m is nothing short of stupid. At least if they say "not willing to sell" and I offer £30m anyway, they could then grudgingly accept because it was too good to refuse. But the current system just sees some stupid fees being quoted.

Well blame all the forum users that complained when previous FMs did say "Not for Sale"

SI gave in to them and the last few versions we've now had these sort of threads :rolleyes:

Well blame all the forum users that complained when previous FMs did say "Not for Sale"

SI gave in to them and the last few versions we've now had these sort of threads :rolleyes:

True. How about, like with a contract negotiation with a player who is barely interested, if you're invited to make the first offer? The AI club says, "we're not interested in selling unless you make us an offer we can't refuse". Two birds, one stone etc.

i noticed this, we got junk players sat in premier league clubs you can't buy in lower leagues because they want 1 or 2 million, yet i play as united they fling around 500k's for mine.

EVERY player has a price they will accept btw, you just have to find it.

Neymar is worth every penny of 60 million though ;)

Already after five seasons it is really hard getting decent quality players for prices we would deem normal in real life. I think the whole economical system in FM is at fault. In real life, every club on the planet has economical problems and will have to sell players in order to stay afloat (with the exception of the sugar daddy clubs). In FM all the chairmen are clearing debts continuously, so there are no economical problems. AI clubs does not sell players in order to finance new signings, and they don't get lots of transfer money to sign anyone either... so while they are sitting there safely because of constant board injections, making it unnecessary for them to sell players, they don't have transfer money either. The result is that there are extremely few transfers in FM compared to real life, so most clubs have the exact same starting eleven after five seasons - they all simply stay where they are until they retire. For us human managers, this is unfortunate because the threshold to make a "bid they can't refuse" is ridiculously high. For instance, a mediocre Mexican club rejected a £30m straight up bid for a 19 years-old striker valued at 4.5m. I think that was at least three times the value of the entire club, and the 45 millions they wanted would likely be enough to buy all the clubs in the Mexican top division.

I hope this is fixed for FM2013. There needs to be much more economical turmoil, and the AI must be able to figure out how to sell/release players in order to free up transfer and wage budget money. This will make it more of a challenge for small clubs to keep their best players (including us human users) and it will also keep transfer values realistically low over time. The game as a whole will be better off with board injections becoming a rarity that will likely get the manager fired, and 99% of the world's football clubs struggling to stay out of the red and avoiding bankrupcy. Just like in real life.

What annoys me is a when a club enquires about a player. You double the listed value, they counter with listed value, you drop by 25%, they pull out.

They clearly want your player yet when pushed to pay more they balk why is this.

That's one thing I've noticed - while haggling for players you want to buy works well (I can usually get the starting price down by at least 30%), the AI doesn't really like haggling for players they want to buy - usually they just keep offering the same amount a few times, then give up.

Archived