Finally getting into the game again

Recently found myself extremely bored playing football manager - but I'm back in the driving seat.

One thing that was killing it for me was the 40 messages a day during transfer windows and a few other things.

I've cut down the amount of messages in the news feed by:

• Removing every single subscription to every leauge, player, award etc.
  • I no longer employ scouts - I can find players on my own
  • I no longer renew staff contracts - I let them expire and replace them, I find this process quicker than renewing 18 coach contracts

Seasons are flying by, I can get through a pre-season very swiftly and back into the league football.

I've taken Sabadell from the 2nd Division in Spain to a respectable 1st Division title challengers, only took 8 seasons. Won the Spanish Cup and got to the CL final. I was then offered the job at Liverpool, who had a decent amount of spending money.

I find that simply checking the Leagues I have running for top performing players - manually - is far quicker to get me through a transfer window. I don't even bother scouting players or using the Player Search function.

The game experience this way for me is really enjoyable. I just found that I was holding down F4 to get through all the news items and doing this for about an hour during a transfer window was a pain in the neck (or finger).

Do you do anything similar or have any other ways of speeding up the game play?

I was finding the transfer window messages very annoying too, although I found I was getting 70-80 a day. Took me a few seasons to start unsubscribing.

I don't think I could do without scouts though.

Yeh I got sick of the Scouts - "We recommend Wayne Rooney" - really!

The other thing I turned off was in the Team Policy - I think it's the "Filter Agents" I changed to "Show None" or whatever text they use.

I still get football clubs offering players, which is annoying.

Archived