Continental reputation but cant get another job, please help

I'm almost five seasons into the game now.

Started with FC Groningen, and won a few prizes (Eredivisie once, Dutch Cup twice and the Johan Cruyff Cup / Dutch Super Cup also twice)

Í am an ambitious manager, but I cant seem to get a job with a bigger club.

I did get offers from Holland -21, United States and Austria, but that is not where I want to go.

Though I have a continental reputation, and I apply for a job every six months I get rejected all the time.

other managers with lesser reputations do get picked for these jobs. It's very frustrating.

I applied for a position at Dortmund a week ago and it was like I didn't have a chance to get in.

Instead they chose Joachim Low who has already been fired 3 times in the past 4 years, it's crazy !

Can anyone tell me about this ? When will I be able to get into the Bundesliga or Premier Division ?

And do I have any chance getting into another club when I resign from my current club ?

Thank you very much :thup:

Whilst you may be demi-god in Holland in the wider world you are still mortal. Joachim Loew may have been sacked 3 times but his 'rep' is still much higher than yours.

I would also hazard a guess that the reputaion of your current league is lower than that of those you wish to jump to, so this is hindering you as well.

If you have a long contract, this can put off other clubs ( I actually missed out on a Job I wanted as the club weren't willing to pay the required compensation)

If you want to move on to bigger and better things, you either need to make an impact in a European competition, or move to the 2nd tier of a larger nation for example England's Championship and build a club there.

Archived