Dual nationality regens

I'm usually manage in the Netherlands, or Holland for some, and a lot of dual nationality regens seem to come through the ranks. A lot of Dutch / Turkish and Dutch / Surinam players. Sure, it's realistic that we have plenty of Dutch players with Turkish roots and maybe even more of Surinam. But in truth, we also have a lot of Moroccan (heritage) players too and I hardly see any regens of those. It isn't exactly uncommon out here to see someone of Indonesian heritage either, although I do admit that those are somewhat more rare in football. Nevertheless, I don't think I've ever seen a Dutch / Indonesian regen before and the Dutch / Moroccan regens are so rare, that I can probably name every single one I've ever seen.

So now my question, is it possible to tick something in the editor (or somewhere else) to increase the number of certain dual nationality for regens?

Try the editors forum mate.

Usually my regens tend to come from 80% from the nation that I manage in, then the rest are from the nations of my coaches (I usually have a multinational coaching team of 8 - 10 people). I know this does not answer your question, but try to experiment, replace existing coaches from the main division with coaches from the nation you would like to see as dual nationality regens. :D

I believe that game engine should give more variations in regards to this and should be somewhat looked into.

For example, in my game some Bosnian newgens are appearing with Bosnian/Croatian and Bosnian/Serbian nationalities which is fine, it represents the national structure of Bosnia & Herzegovina (Bosniaks, Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs). However, it is pretty much stupid since all of those newgens are born in Serbia and Croatia which is unrealistic. It is like having New York newgens being born in Italy, Ireland or Poland. The nationalities are OK, the birthplaces are not. They are not immigrants, they and their families have been living there for hundreds of years.

The same thing goes for some other situations. Sometimes a player will appear with a Bosnian/German, Bosnian/Austrian, Bosnian/Swiss or Bosnian/Danish nationality which is fine (however it should be toned down a bit, maybe only 1 in 300 newgens or so). But it is not OK to see for example Swiss/Bosnian players (Swiss name and Swiss birthplace) which is unrealistic. The German, Austrian, Swiss etc. nationalities represent children who were born abroad in the diaspora in the past 20-30 years, not genuine Germans or Austrians. Those Bosnian newgens abroad should be born in those countries, not in Bosnia & Herzegovina (Austrian/Bosnian players should be born in Austria in 90% of the cases etc.).

The same thing happens with Croatia and Serbia (Serbia has Bosniaks who are sometimes Bosnian citizens who have been there for hundreds of years, they shouldn't be born in Bosnia & Herzegovina, the same thing goes for their diaspora players as well).

I am using a Bosnian example here since I am familiar with it, I am sure it happens in other nations too.

Can get this in other countries too, missing dual nationalities for generating regens, for example I've not seen any Faroese/Danish or German/American. Should make a comprehensive list of majority common dual nationalities to make sure they are covered in the game.

If nationality depends on the factors listed, explain why I got a Japanese/English player - who was basically English, but born in Japan.

I am Man City and I have no connection to Japan. WTF?

If nationality depends on the factors listed, explain why I got a Japanese/English player - who was basically English, but born in Japan.

I am Man City and I have no connection to Japan. WTF?

That's not entirely implausible. Parents could have been living in Japan for a while.

There should be many more dual national American kids, especially german-american. There are a good number of mexican american as compared to the last version but the german americans are few and far between. There should also be more italian americans, korean-american, japanese american. There are so many military kids that are popping up now and its not well reflected in the game.

Archived