International Wilderness

Few minor gripes with international fixture scheduling. Not the usual fixture clash polava mind- quite the opposite...

In my current game I am manager of both England and San Marino. In my game England have reached the Euros, whilst San Marino (obviously) have not.

Why prior to a major tournament am I not able to arrange warm up games for England?? Every team in a championship plays a couple of pre-tourny games just before IRL.

Also, bit peeved that in 2008, San Marino don't get to play a single match until September!

Originally posted by CMeds:

Few minor gripes with international fixture scheduling. Not the usual fixture clash polava mind- quite the opposite...

In my current game I am manager of both England and San Marino. In my game England have reached the Euros, whilst San Marino (obviously) have not.

Why prior to a major tournament am I not able to arrange warm up games for England?? Every team in a championship plays a couple of pre-tourny games just before IRL.

Also, bit peeved that in 2008, San Marino don't get to play a single match until September!

May be a daft question but I general get to schedule friendlies close to the start of competitions. Usually around a month I think.

Is the game not giving you any slots to schedule the friendlies or do you have the slots but the teams you want to invite can't make it? If it's the latter you may just have to arrange them with smaller teams.

I'm unsure as to what you're talking about...

I've managed Spain, England, France, Brazil and Italy and I've never had a problem arranging friendlies. I usually have to arrange them a year in advance, but that's not really such a big problem...

Originally posted by williamshankley:

I think the Op means, arranginging them for say 30th May etc, when the tournament satrts on say the 7th June. Most teams played games before the Euro's this year around the same time. We should get this option in FM

Spot on. And usually its a couple of games with a provisional larger squad that then gets trimmed to the 23.

Originally posted by nick...:

You get pre-world cup friendlies in FM05.

I never schedule them, because the league managers withdraw half my squad, and I can't call them back up because I've already submitted my world cup squad list by then.

used to hate it when you couldnt put an under 21 in because they'd already been named in that squad, surely full team would always take precedence!

Archived